1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBox does not connect to network.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Drez143, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Drez143

Drez143 Member

Ok, I spent 2 days reading all the info that I could possibly find, yet nothing talked about exactly what I was having a problem with. I have a chip installed in my xbox, EvoX setup, and I connect my xbox to my network, through a router. I use automatic IP finder on the xbox, and it connects online fine, if I edit the ips at all, then I run into problems, nothing will connect, but I run it through auto-detect and remember the ip that it recieves. The only problem is, my two computers are showing up on the network, but the xbox is not. I tried pinging its ip that it has chosen, nothing. I can not connect through FlashFXP to the xbox, and I even used LANguard to show me everything that is connected on the network, and it only shows my two computers, and the xbox does not show up. I tried for 4 hours tinkering with the settings on the xbox, and nothing. When you talk about setting the static IP on the xbox, do you mean just go into settings and setting the IP address itself to 192.168.0.3, or the gateway to that, but I tried both, and switching, and everything, and I can not get a ping or anything out of the xbox. I even tried using criss-crossed wires right to my PC, and my PC would not detect the xbox. Thanks for your help.

2. Drez143

Drez143 Member

If it makes any difference, im using a stock Aladdin Advance 64 chip, and a D-Link 604 router. The chip says it comes pre-flashed, but I dont know too much about all of this, judging the last time I modded a system was a PS, and that only took 2 solder points. I can connect online with the xbox, to sign up for live if I wanted too, but it does not register on the network for some reason.

3. Drez143

Drez143 Member

Also, pretaining to the chip that I have, the Aladdin Advance 64, it came with no instructions at all. It is suppose to come with a list of features, like HD hack where u can play games right off of it, and a bunch of other things, but I have no idea how to do any of it. It is also suppose to let you know by the flashes what it is doing, and I have no idea. Does anyone have a good pair of instructions that actually discuss about these features, because the company that makes it does not release any, thanks.

4. Ravoz

Ravoz Member

use these settings:

IP 10.0.0.2
    Subnetmask 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway 10.0.0.3

now turn on ur xbox and go to System settings.

Change ur settings to these:

Setup network: Yes
    Use static ip: Yes
    IP: 10.0.0.1
    Subnetmask: 255.255.255.0
    default Gateway: 10.0.0.3

5. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Do you have a firewall on?

Also, it could be that you're using the wrong cable. Is your router recognizing the Xbox (if it is you should see the light for the port it's connected on). If you don't see that light, then it's probably not your router, but your cable.

6. Drez143

Drez143 Member

This is what has been confusing me, where is the option to turn Static IP on? I go into settings, and under network options, I can only find how to set the ip, subnet and default gateway. Should I have some sort of custom options with the chip installed? I turn the chip on, and the light in front flashes between green and orange, and I cant find anything to see if it is suppose to flash or just stay a solid orange. And about the cable, through the router, I can get online with the xbox to connect to xbox live, so the cable setup is fine, just the settings are wrong. Where exactly is this Static IP setting?

7. Drez143

Drez143 Member

After even more reading, I found out that some people need to make a boot cd for EvoX, so I am currently downloading a bunch of different iso files for me to play around with, is this true? The chip I purchased was a very cheap chip.