1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox drive connected to computer, need code

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by FredLoke, Apr 27, 2005.

1. FredLoke

FredLoke Member

i accidently erased my orginal dashboard off my xbox and cant ftp to it due to the error 16 code appearing on the screen and cant boot off my iso disc. i have my harddrive key its like 40something digits long and have my harddrive hooked up to my xp computer as slave and my computer harddrive as master. As soon as my computer boots up and detects the drive and immediatly asks for the password. i try using that one i got off the hdd.text file but doens't work...i have the program that im supposed to use when i get to dos to unlock the harddrive but i cant get past the post screen on my computer....can anyone help????

2. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

hook the xbox drive up to the computer and unplug the power cord from the dvd drive. now boot the xbox it will give u an error 12 or so dvd error. the drive is unlocked so unplug the ide cable and plug it into the computer (hotswap)leave the xbox and boot the computer the drive will be unlocked until u turn ure box off.