1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox DVD-R and DVD+R Problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by kratam04, Mar 30, 2005.

1. kratam04

kratam04 Member

Recently I bought a batch of DVD+R Verbatim 8x discs. I use CBtool to make an xiso of the HDDloader file. Then i use nero 6.6.0.6 to make the disc from the xiso i created, burning on very low speed of 2.4x. Once the iso is created i put it in my xbox and the drive say unknown disc. It could be many things:

1: My version of nero is not finalising the disc properly, i click the option to finalise but in the dialogue box it never says its finalising the disk, just completes the burn process. I can see the burn on the disk.

2: My xbox could have a problem reading the DVD+R, i could try DVD-R, ive not tried this yet.

3: The software im using to make the xiso is poo, ive have also tried qwix and a few others.

I have followed the steps on the guides on most of the main websites.
    Any help on this matter would help me a lot as i have bitten my fingernails to the bone trying to figure this one out.

Thanks

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

More than likely, it's #2. Definitely try doing DVD-R if the +R's won't work for you.

3. kratam04

kratam04 Member

Thanks for that i tried it, and now everything work like a dream. Still dont know why they have +R, -R, etc. It a DVD minefield out there, just waiting to be exploded.

4. blocparty

blocparty Member

yeh ive got a whole load of dvd+r and sometimes whilst playing a game i get "disk maybe dirty or damaged" should i try dvd-r? or what could be the problem