1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox elite or PS3

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Frog1, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Frog1

Frog1 Regular member

i had the original xbox 360 and besides the fact that the games where great and i love live, i went through 6 of the damn things they just keep on stuffing up. so i got a full refund, i was just so sick of taking them back to get a new one and i thought one day the warranty will run out and then what do i do. so now i am left with the choice of buying the elite which i have heard is not that much different from the original apart from the bigger HDD and slightly quieter fans or a PS3. I know PS3 is probably a dirty word here but what would you recommend i do and why. By the way one thing i did not like about the xbox was the constant noise from the dvd drive and fan man they are noisy, and the PS3 is very quiet. i appreciate any input.

2. jontracey

jontracey Guest

From my experiance Playstation products break easy. My ps2 and psp. Also a playstation will need a hd tv. The 360 has a lot of better games like Dead Rising. Playstation 3 games suck. The hard drive is very good. I suggest the elite.

3. Frog1

Frog1 Regular member

well thanks for your your input. i have never owned a ps2 but i do own a psp and have had for quite some time and it has never given me any problems. i do agree with the fact that xbox has some awesome games and as of yet the PS3 doesnt really stand up but it hasnt been out for long. do you own an xbox elite and if so is it much quieter. i live in Oz so i cant even go see the elite working anywhere yet.

4. jontracey

jontracey Guest

5. Achooist

Achooist Regular member

Xbox 360 > PS3 any day of the week

Xbox 360-Better games ((Halo series,Gears of War soon to be series cant wait >.<,Viva pinate best game ever lol)) Cheaper, They can run homebrew games I think,new controllers

PS3-Costs a lot,Better graphics from what I hear,same controller since PS1,Breaks easyy

I wouldnt mind of some1 tried to change my opinion =]

Just dont go psyco

6. bailey07

bailey07 Regular member

I heard that the elite had better cooling than the original so you wont have to install an extra fan because it will be quieter too.PS3 has less choice of games and not as good online service. I would choose Xbox 360 over PS3 any day.

7. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Depends on what you want out of a system. If you JUST want games right now and no other expandability then go with the Elite 360 with no upgrades ($479). If you want an all in one PS3 is the one to have. Don't believe that "Playstation products break easy" either, I have had my version 1 PS2 from day 1 launch with a Messiah modchip in it and NEVER had a problem. It all boils down to how the person takes care of their stuff...although in reality this does not apply to the 360, just go to the link below and read. This is NOT an isolated case and is WELL documented online.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/508999

As for "price" it is all in how you look at it. If you want a 360 but also want HD playability then add $200, Wireless internet add $100, MS "Live" add over $250 (easily) over 5 years. Whereas a 60 GB PS3 has all of that at only $600 plus the ability to use it as a PC with Linux. Again it is all about what YOU really want out of a system. People who say "PS3 games suck" probably don't have a PS3 and are not true gamers since they don't give credit where credit is due. Especially when a game like Motorstorm is simply amazing with awesome gameplay and truly stunning graphics (yes you can have both that is what make a "Next Gen" system to me). Although if you are a "sports" gamer then hands down you have to go 360 (at least for now) since there are many to choose from.

8. Frog1

Frog1 Regular member

i think the games for xbox are better at the moment but ps3 hasnt had very long to give it a go i wonder wether with given a little time ps3 may out do xbox because of the procesing power albeit harder to use for gaming programmers. plus the additional size the bluray discs can hold maybe games for the ps3 will be better because of the info there discs can store. i dont know does anyone have any ideas on that.

9. CrisKahn2

CrisKahn2 Regular member

Oner's post = amen