1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX emulator

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by raptors, Oct 24, 2004.

1. raptors

raptors Member

Is there any way to play XBOX games on computer?

2. Pat_b_30

Pat_b_30 Guest

apselutely no way..sorry..but you can buy an adapter that just came out and you can play xbox with a mouse and keyboard.....pm me to find out where to get it

3. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

4. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

My question is how does the emulator work since none of the PC drives can read XBOX games?

5. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

The games are files not DVD's like all the rest of the emulators. Atari, Mame, N64,SNES, NES ect.

6. hetrax

hetrax Guest

Can someone please give me a link as to where I can find some good roms for my Cxbx-0.7.8c Xbox emulator?

7. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

isnt the only games you cna play on that emulator turok and Halo? i havent been up to date with the project....

8. Chex21

Chex21 Guest

Well, there's two emulators both of which you need the xbox game's default.xbe (have to FTP to your pc). Xeneon can play Halo (with minor graphic glitches) and CxBx can play Turok (most of it atleast) and now part of Panza Dragon Orta (can't remember full name of game). By the time any xbox emulators can play new games such as LOTR: The Third Age or Halo 2 there will already be the next generation consoles out. :p

9. bigbadman

bigbadman Member

my question is how do you convert a xbox game (actual game) into a xbe. or even how do you see the contents, when opening it up all you see is video files.

10. Chex21

Chex21 Guest

bigbadman,
    The only way to fully see the contents of a xbox game is to transfer the game (the game must be in the dvd drive) by connecting your xbox to your pc. Then you will be able to see all the files of a game. Once you did that then you will see a
    "default.xbe" <---this file is the game file that you can load to play the game on the emulator.

Though, it is totally pointless since only Halo, Turok, and part of Panzar Dragoon Orta can be played on both the emulators. Don't waste your time. :p

11. bigbadman

bigbadman Member

i know of an emulator that works on almost all games its called MAME-X, but i can't seem to find it. Does any one know where i can find it?

12. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

You don't want MAMEX, what you want is MAMEoX it's much better. With MAMEoX, you get to play all the old arcade games on your XBOX. I think eurasia.nu has it in their downloads section. Go there, sign up and check it out. You will still need the roms though and those are hard to find.

13. bigbadman

bigbadman Member

i just found the best emulator, and it plays all games and doesn't crash. i found it on lime wire so, in the search just put in xbox emulator.

14. hetrax

hetrax Guest

Thats great, but whats it called?

15. bigbadman

bigbadman Member

i'm still testing it, it says there is a virus on it but when looking at the binary there in no virus. here is a link but BE CAREFULL

http://home.mchsi.com/~thorz/xbox_emulator.0.34.exe

if it has a virus watch out.

I also found a devolipers kit that i'm still figuring out how to use.

16. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

or better yet, play xbox games on your xbox

17. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

djboogie what a great idea!! lol

18. leaky

leaky Member

>>i'm still testing it, it says there is a virus on it but when looking at the binary there in no virus. here is a link but BE CAREFULL
    http://home.mchsi.com/~thorz/xbox_emulator.0.34.exe
    if it has a virus watch out.
    I also found a devolipers kit that i'm still figuring out how to use. <<

BigBadMan You are definately a noob, all that emu has in it is a trojan. It's made just to make people like you think you can do something with yourself.

If you want to play Xbox Games, buy an XBox and quit complaining and requesting....If you already own an XBox which I doubt you do. Then just use it. I only use Emu's on my PC for the fun of it, but only with games I have already to test my system basically.

Please don't make an ass of yurself again..

Leaky

19. DonnyT69

DonnyT69 Member

Would anyone be so kind to help me find or even email me the Surreal 64 emulator for the xbox. My searches have come up short. I have a few roms and would like to play them, thank you.

20. arfng

arfng Member

http://yursoft.cjb.net/
    this website has a program that will extract .xbe files from your Xbox game ISO files (or from an Xbox game in your DVD-rom drive). Upon reaching the website, click Xbox on the left column, then click XISO near the center-left of the page to download.
    By the way, if somebody finds a working Halo 2 emulator, could they please post a link to it? Thanks