1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX Error Codes Explained- Go Here First!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by deezp1, Jul 14, 2005.

1. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Just buy whichever is the cheapest! Much easier to build an eeprom reader and just FIX your Xbox...

2. bazookafx

bazookafx Member

i keep getting a error message 27! and i have never modded my xbox

3. mini13

mini13 Guest

ive never seen this error code before double check it is that error and go on http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/errorcodes.php it tell s u all the error codes and how to fix them

4. mini13

mini13 Guest

5. eiffel65

eiffel65 Regular member

Hey, guys

I need a lot of help. I've had error 13 for a while now,(8 months) and have always been able to play. I started my Xbox up today, and well, error 16 came up....HELP MEEEE Pl0x! :(

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  6. mini13

mini13 Guest

the only way i have found is to get a modchip fitted because you have reset your microsoft clock

7. slimmy

slimmy Member

Just as a question, why would we ever have to see any of these error messages? (Unless we softmod of course.)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  8. austout

austout Member

9. mini13

mini13 Guest

i fixed mine myself i had error code 16 lol and i fitted a x3 ce and no more proplems

10. dcxbadass

dcxbadass Member

We tried modding my mates using ndure disk and a PC. But the pc could never find the HDD so we gave up and put it back together. And since the screen is blank(doesn't show anything, not even a code) And the power light just flashes red. What can we do.

11. jasperR

jasperR Member

when I disconect de DVD and power up the x box.
    I get error 10.
    what do I have to do to get error 12.
    so I can Hotswap my X box.

the original error is 16.
    so I hope it wil help if I do a hotswap.

12. mommafox

mommafox Member

Hi I am having a problem with my xbox Let me explain what happened. we were playing a game and finnished it was working perfect...put in new game and it fired up and was working ok, the audio was cutting in and out, and the xbox seemed to be making a surging noise... the picture and graphics and movements were Fine... Then all of a sudden it stoped and the light around the eject buton started flashing Orange, we tried all the cables unpluging it and pluging it back in taking out the disk and even with all that done it wont even boot up too the music part of the xbox now. I have read the beginning of this thread and it says soddering but I have not ever opened my xbox nor do I even know how. So what is an alternate for this? did my xbox just die or was it the game that messed it up? please help.

13. mini13

mini13 Guest

i had the same error ages ago and mine was just my console over heating or it coild be that there is a loose connectoion inside the console that making it cut ouit any more qeustions just ask

14. Brodynoob

Brodynoob Member

ok heres my storie.... I baught a modded xbox off of some guy on the internet and im a total noob so i dont know what kind of mod it is. But anyway like i said im a total noob so i started to fool around with it.... BAD MISTAKE :( .... i saw a pragram called CONFIG MAGIC so i went into it and clicked a text that said unlock hard drive. SO I CLICKED IT! I waited until it was done and when it was i got bored and turen off my xbox and went out so then i came back...turned it on.....and the error 5 code came up. and i dont know what to do now. i read some stuff on this site and it said something about if you already got a mod chip turn it on than go to it and lock it... but how do i turn it on if thats the case... because i will turn it on with or without a game disk in it and the customer support screen still comes up. so im wondering how to boot my xbox up with the chip on! PLEASE HELP! thanx.

15. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Stick to one thread, I have replied to the other one!

16. GermanJet

GermanJet Member

Im getting an error 16 and after looking up how to fix it, it was explained for a hard-mod. my error is with a soft-mod. Is there a way to fix this 16 without having the chip?

17. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Read my tutorials!

;)

18. ted0177

ted0177 Member

my xbox is flashing red and saying service erroe 13 what is it and can i fix it with slayer evo disk? plz help........

19. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

As above...

20. mini13

mini13 Guest

my freind had that error and we found thaty it is easyer to get a chip unles u no someone with a chip so they can sort your hdd out for you