1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX Error Codes Explained- Go Here First!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by deezp1, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Zackf

Zackf Member

ya, for me, i have error code 7, so it just doesnt load. but when i kick the xbox (i figured this out on accident BTW) i can hear the disc inside start spinning again. So i reboot, it works, and after like 5 minutes it says my disc is dirty or damaged. Anyone know how to solve this problem? maybe a cord loose or something. (And you shouldn't kick your xbox all of you)

2. bkippers

bkippers Regular member

dont kick it ?!?!?! is that a trick question?

3. Zackf

Zackf Member

no no, im serious. i kiked it, and it started working again for like 5 minutes.

4. thekingo7

thekingo7 Regular member

k ur hard drive is dead or about to die. What you need to do is get a modchip and a new HDD fixed my error 7 fine.

5. MadGame

MadGame Guest

i have error 13 showing up but i have to hurry up and fix it before i get my a** beaat for doing something illegal and lettin my mom find out....so if u know how to fix it either email me or leave a message here please. Email: Speedy527@Cinci.rr.com
    thanks

6. bally199

bally199 Member

here's 1 u havnt xplained. my other xbox (xecuter2, 160gb hdd, evox etc) worked fine for about a year and then i tride to swich it on. the hdd didnt fire up, no fan, no picture on screen. just a red light that if i holded in, flashed in about 2 sec intevals.

WTF's WRONG?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
  7. goldfam

goldfam Member

I bought an axbox that has error codes found out after it has been dropped and hd soundsdiff louder can I just change hd ? of stock used one?
    and I have limited comp knowledge .
    and and lol it says error with red green lights. thanks

8. ryry46d9

ryry46d9 Member

my buddy brought over a xbox for me to take a look at at first i powered it up with out the controler and it asked me to set the clock so i pluged the controler in and it hard locked (got a proliant 5500 that likes to do that also) so i rebooted the box this time with the controler in and got the 16 (cant set the clock error) so i rebooted again but this time i got a error code 6 (cant unlock the hard drive)so yet another reboot the set clock program popped up i set the time/date went to press a to confirm and it locked again and now after x amount of reboots im sitting on the error code 6 again so i've read all 4 pages and im still abit lost with this error code the box is "not" modded/ has same HD,MB combo and as i was reading it seems that people are getting thr 5/6 codes on modded boxes so this brings me to a halt because its not my box and my buddy dont got the cash for a mod kit has any one made software for unix / linux or winblows (if i have to) to cure this problem

thanks for reading my sloppy text
    ryry

9. goldfam

goldfam Member

ok i got a hd with orig ms dash board and unlocked wheni pu tit in will it work on stock xbox or do i need to lock it and how do i lock it?thaks

10. bkippers

bkippers Regular member

[bold] ok guys good luck helping me out:p{/bold].................my xbox has error 21 christmas lights and now when i go to turn it on it just goes strait to the error screen.
    i have tryied downloading the ms dash from xbox live and it still doesnt work and i can not put in a slayers installler disk because my xbox is the very 1st version however if you know a way please help me out. :(

11. bally199

bally199 Member

is it just me or do us newbies never get answered?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2006
  12. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

bally199

Keep in mind that nobody works here, nobody gets paid for anything they do here and nobody is obligated to answer every question posted to this site. Be patient and you'll get an answer sooner or later.

13. csosq

csosq Guest

I get error code 13 and can still play games but can't connect to XBL. I also tryed reloading the dash from making a new account or with one of the games with a M$ dash Which games would you suggest I use and/or can you help me at all?

14. nathan2k5

nathan2k5 Member

Hey i recently softmodded my xbox awith SID4 when i uninstaled it it took away the ms dashboard now i have error code 13. I tried the lsayers 2.6 disc i burned it on dvd and cd-rw no joy. I even tried making a boot disc wth the ms dash files on t it but no joy. Can anybody help me pm me or email me at dj_trixie_2k5_in_da_mix@hotmail.com
    thanks

15. csosq

csosq Guest

Just use the hotswap method. That will take care of it.

16. nathan2k5

nathan2k5 Member

how do you hotswap m8 i'm only new to xboxs like

17. bally199

bally199 Member

please, answer me! im gettin mi ass kicked 4 breakin my xbox

18. iluvpot

iluvpot Guest

deezp1 thanx for the error guides however it did not work for me... my xbox is modeed it work for a long time but now i get this error 6 and i try to boot it up with the cd but it dont work...

help out man...

19. VllGnome

VllGnome Guest

Ok, if there are any softmodders out there with problems concerning the error codes, and your xbox will still let you play games, put in Halo 2. Try signing into live. You'll most likely get a connection or network error. If you do, choose to start troubleshooter. You should be able to from there somewhere auto update your xbox. This will restore it to its original state (without softmods) and not delete any of your precious saved files.
    I found this an easy way to reinstall things like the original dash. Only thing is you'll have to re-mod your xbox after you do this, because it gets rid of all the linux based files used to softmod your xbox.
    If that doesn't fix it or you can't load games... I don't really have a suggestion. Refer to the error info at the beginning of this thread for that.

In regards to hardmodding, considering it is mods to the hardware and not software (well, the actual chip anyway), some of its more annoying errors may not be as easily fixed. I used to softmod and have just gotten an Xecuter 2.6 CE, so i'm a total noob to hardmodding for the most part.

And, i have one question. What do i need to do to actually use the modchip? I have a bios, but don't know how to get it to the xbox. I read that you need to use nero to make an iso dvd and name it BIOS.BIN or something. I can't do it though, because my xbox won't read burned cd-r's. I also don't have nero. I can't burn dvd's either.
    Is there any way to ftp my xbox to the pc in this situation? I have a Thompson DVD drive if that means anything. It comes up with the FlashBIOS 3.3 screen, and has the options "enable network flashing," "load BIOS from HDD", and "load BIOS from Disc." Along with the unlock/lock hdd options. I tried using a cd-r named BIOS.BIN with the file BIOS.BIN on it.
    I already made the file into the .bin, with the 1024KB size that i heard was needed for a 1.6 XBOX with Bank 2 on.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

20. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

First off, sorry for a late reply, Im not much on these forums anymore, but I am glad to help if I have the time.

@iluvpot
    This is a strange error that does not come up very often, but if you have a boot disk like Slayers or Firefuckers it is easy to fix. First off, if you have a modchip and it has some type of on/off function, make sure it is turned ON. Next insert the boot disk into the xbox and reboot. Once it has rebooted and has booted to the installer disk screen, there is an option to lock/unlock the hard drive just click unlock and you should be good to go.

I know this is about the same that is in the tutorial, but it is fool proof and has worked for me in the past. depending on the mod chip you have, there are certain button strokes that can be pressed to enable and disable features in the bios. Now Im not sure if they have the function to lock/unlock your hard drive, but you never know.

@VllGnome
    as far as I know, NO. I think there is one chip out there that can do this function, but Im not sure.

You almost have it right.

First off, if the chip is installed correctly, the you will see the bios screen when you boot up the xbox, which you did. Good!

Next you do need to find to correct bios for your chip. once you do this, you need to burn it to a dvd, BUT make sure you burn a dummy file with the bios and make sure the dummy files is at the very least 300mb. If you dont know how to make one its easy. all you need to do is find any file on your pc that is fairly large and just name it dummy.dat (the .dat is the important part) and burn it to the disk.

here is a tutorial on how to do so: http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/flashbios.php

Once you do this you xbox should reconize your disk and you will be able to flash your mod chip.

If the mod chip is flashed correctly, then the next time you reboot your xbox you should she the old microsoft dashboard. Once you get to this point you can load your custom dashboard of your choice (I like XBMC or UnleashX, but XBMC is my default). Good Luck