1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX FLASHES RED AND GREEN AND SHOW NO VIDEO

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by pleashelp, Nov 10, 2004.

1. pleashelp

pleashelp Member

Last edited: Dec 22, 2004
  2. 84buick

84buick Member

your getting a bad connection to one of your points on the board, does your xbox boot up when the chip is not on if it doesnt you have fried the original bios extremely unlikely considering you using a solderless chip

make sure you have the chip installed corectly

3. fedaykin

fedaykin Regular member

is your chip connected to the correct d0 spot?

4. MJ696969

MJ696969 Member

I just install the 2.6 solder version in a v1.0, had the same problem. i did the wire install, and the connection to the board was where my problem was, wiggle the wires and connctions, i would wonder if you had the leds light like i did, as the frag means there is a loose wire or connection. You are not in the bios stage yet...when the xbox boots to flash bios screen. then if you hit the botton on the remote controll for flash bios it will ask you for the disc. I used a dvd-r with nero.zip(127,456kb) and BIOS.BIN of the evolution bios(1024kb) version M7. Which I changed shortly after to v.M8 Let me know if this helps

5. collyni

collyni Member

i have similar prob loaded bios ok but when i went to boot up evox dashboard it shut off 3 times flashed green/red & screen went blank

6. pleashelp

pleashelp Member

Last edited: Dec 22, 2004
  7. gmslave

gmslave Member

Hello all. I think I have a similar problem but am not sure what I need to do to resolve it.

I have just installed the solderless 2.6 xecuter. I have all of the corrections complete and have the same power button flashing red and green. So out of frustration I removed the hole chip assembly and put the xbox back together. Well, when I plugged it back in I still have the same flashing problem.

What have I done, and can I fix it???

PLEASE HELP ME.. :(

Gabe

8. dougr944

dougr944 Member

I'm having the same issue (almost boots 3 times and then flashes red/green) with a recent 2.6 on a xbox1.1 with the wire-solder method (LPC was full of solder).

I did solve my problem.

I double-checked my connections. It still didn't work. Then I moved D0 from the bottom of the mainboard to the top. It works now. Hurray. This should support the assertion that it's probably the d0 connection dorking you up.

The solder ring on the bottom is much h00ger and holds wire much better. I have stuck wire the size of the stock D0 X2.6 wire to the top D0, but I use 30ga wire now (radio shack 278-503). I used about 1.5" of that and shortened the Xecutor's grey power wire a bit.

This is my first Xecutor install. My previous mods have been Xbit and Xenium Ice.

9. dougr944

dougr944 Member

well, this xbox was fine throughout the install after the fix I listed above. It fragged (red/green) once today. I tore it back down, sucked out the LPC solder, and did the pin header install. I also redid D0 again and ran an extra D0 from the bottom in case it happens again so I don't have to pull the mainboard a 3rd time.

10. erfon

erfon Guest

I am having a similar problem. I have the xecuter 3 installed, and it's been installed for about 3 months now. I updated the bios and installed slayers. Everything was working fine until today. Now when I boot up the xbox with xecuter 3 turned on, it reboots 3 times, then the eject light blinks red and green. Any suggestions besides buying a new motherboard? I don't know why it would stop working all of a sudden. Maybe a bad chip?

11. dougr944

dougr944 Member

I wouldn't consider buying a new xbox unless I was sure it was the chip. If it still doesn't boot with the chip disabled and it still won't boot with the chip physically disconnected, I assume you'll have to cut your losses and get a new xbox.

12. electwire

electwire Member

I have the same problem w/ X3 on a 1.6 works with the chip diabled and when I enable it no video where elce can i move the d0 point

13. dougr944

dougr944 Member

It's my opinion that it's difficult to get the xecutor chips working without the pin header install. Don't immediately suspect D0. It's the hardest point to solder, but a frag can occur with a good D0 and bad LPC connections.

I'm working off of limited experience. I've done 2 xbits and a xenium ice with wires and they were both good. I've done 2 xecutor (both xbox <1.6) 2.6 mods with wires and both were converted to pin-header before they stopped intermittant fragging.

The second xecutor (not the one I was talking about earlier in this thread) went from wires to pin-header without messing with D0 and it stopped fragging.

14. erfon

erfon Guest

That's really interesting. Do you think doing the pin header install will stop the fragging? Even on an xBox verions less than 1.6?

15. electwire

electwire Member

Is there a bios that will let me use my component hook up again i have X3 x/ 1.6? just got my mod all set and cant use the compent hook up looks like crap

16. dougr944

dougr944 Member

erfon, it fixed it for me twice in a row. I'm a good solder tech. I'll always use the pin header. It takes me about 20 minutes to suck the solder out of the holes when there is any and it's well worth the trouble.

electwire, I don't know of any reason why X3 would break your component (video?) hookup.

17. electwire

electwire Member

No i just can use it the chip dosent support the componet hook ups - have u flashed a X3 chip on 1.6?

18. Bomber_UK

Bomber_UK Member

Hey guys,

I just chipped my v1.6 xbox with Execute 2.6 chip. Everything was going fine until i tried to flash the bios. I used the executer dhcp bios 1MB and now the darn thing is doing that boot/shutdown then flashes green/red cycle.

Does anyone know how to rescue it?

19. 147789

147789 Guest

I got the same thing i used a spider chip and everything was good then until i loaded the bios every time i try turn it on it turns off and on then the eject button flashes green and red. is because of a bad flash or the wrong bios some please help me. I used xecutor 2 bios.

20. 147789

147789 Guest

If it was a bad flash does anybody know how can I flash my spider chip again. I heard about a programer coming out for the spidercip what does that programer do and can i flash my chip again with that programer.