1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Flashing Gone Wrong

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Mmcb412, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Mmcb412

Mmcb412 Member

I need help, I had got this guy a while back to flash my 360, cuz I don't play on line I didn't worry bout the firmware being updated. One day I was doing sumthn and the xbox went to update... and you know the rest. So I couldn't find anyone around my area ) to flash my drive so I got so mad that I'd thought I'd do it myself, mind u I can build a computer etc, but I don't know programming. I watched a tut and I thought I would get the VIA 6241A SATA card and that took me all night to install and stuff (I know Ima dummy), so I finally got the SATA card to work and I downloaded everything that I need, but I couldn't get the drive into mode b, so when I finally got into mode b, and I tried to use Jungle Flasher I used port 0xECD0, because it wouldn't work on the other port, and I hit the unlock Benq and it didn't give me a DVD key, but everything else came up, and it said vendor mode and everything, but when I clicked the "Read" JungleFlasher froze. After Multiple attempts I decided to do sumthin I probably shouldn't have done is "Erase" and after I clicked yes for the warning prompt then Jungle Flasher froze and I had to unplug the drive and now the power to xbox that I tried to use cuz I don't have a connectivity kit. The xbox light just blinks and the drive won't open, and when I try to connect the drive back up to the SATA card to my computer, my computer freezes, I tried to look that up and I removed the drivers "viaraid.sys" and reinstalled them and tried to use Jungle Flasher, and still no go. Can you please help me. I am so mad cuz I think I ruined my xbox and I don't have any money to buy anything else. You can email me at Mmcb412@gmail.com please help me, I'm spasin.....

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Yes, you ruined your Xbox.
    Plain and simple, the drive has no firmware on it at the moment, therefore it won't work at all. You can't flash new firmware to it because you erased the drive key and don't have a backup of it.
    And no, there is no other way to get the drive key.

3. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

IF you can get the OFW back from the guy who orginally flashed it, you can reflash, otherwise your screwed. Sounds like you should have researched more before flashing.

4. harvardja

harvardja Regular member

stock firmwares are available for download? can't he use that?

5. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

LOL. Not without the ORIG key from your console. You cannot just install any OFW. The key must match the nand.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011