1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox FTP Issues!!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by tippytip, Mar 17, 2005.

1. tippytip

tippytip Member

Ok I've read a million threads about FTPing to the xbox and none have helped me figure this out yet.
    My current set up is as follows:
    XBOX:
    Version = 1.0
    Chip = xenium ice
    Dash = evox 3935
    Bios = M7
    Settings:
    Setup Network YES
    Use Static IP YES
    IP 192.168.0.2
    Subenetmask 255.255.255.0
    Gateway 192.168.0.1
    DNS 0.0.0.0
    DNS 0.0.0.0
    Setup Delay 5
    Skip Setup NO

FTP:
    Enable YES
    Password xbox

PC:
    OS Windows XP
    IP 192.168.0.1
    Subnetmask 255.255.255.0

Ok that's my setup up and I'm using a crossover cable. I've tried doing the router deal using a straight through cable and of course I switched my IP settings to reflect when I did that. I have yet to get this to work at all. I can't even ping the xbox. I understand that I have to save the settings and then reboot the xbox before trying to connect. I have read every post on earth. I'm hoping that someone has some info that might actually get this thing to work. I can basically do everything with my xbox except FTP into it or out of it. Not sure if the NIC card has maybe gone bad and I don't know of any real way to test it. The light actually comes on when a cable is connected to it and the PC acknowledges that it is connected to a networ. I'm currently in a position or location where I cannot try to play a game online due to firewalls and such so I cannot test it that way. I have played halo online through tunnelling software and such so I knew that the nic card used to work at least. If anyone has any ideas that would be greatly appreciated. I've been racking my brain on this one for a long time.

2. tippytip

tippytip Member

Please Help!!!!