1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBox FTP Problems - Please Help!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by EerFoolWV, Apr 24, 2005.

1. EerFoolWV

EerFoolWV Member

I've read countless forums trying to figure out what the heck is going on, but I can't figure it out...here's my situation:

My xbox will connect to my PC, but when it gets to Listing Directory it hangs for a while and then says List Error

I am not using PASV
    The ports are open
    I've even closed my firewall while trying
    SP2 is installed

Additionally, before I reformatted my HD, it was able to connect fine...now I can't figure it out!

If anybody can offer any assistance I would greatly appreciate it, as this has been driving me nuts for some time now.

2. EerFoolWV

EerFoolWV Member

Oh yeah, I have an Xecuter3 mod chip

3. EerFoolWV

EerFoolWV Member

I know somebody must be able to help....

I am able to connect to the xbox on my buddie's computer, so it's definately something on my computer end.

4. Mrs_B

Mrs_B Member

hey there. i'm not great with this sort of stuff..but i thought i'd try to help you anyways, since my hubby had an issue like this too.

firstly, are you using a crossover cable?

2nd: make sure your pc has a static ip

3rd: in defult gateway on your pc, enter the xbox's ip. in the default gateway for the xbox, enter the pc ip. subnet mask should be automatically 255.255.255.0 or something like that for both.

4th: make sure the ftp proggie your using has the right password for the xbox. your dashboard can have a differant p/w from the startup screen. go into settings and check them...then type the dashboard ftp p/w into your pc's ftp settings...and make sure the xbox is on the dashboard when your ready to go.

i hope i made sense. if not, try using the search up the top of the forum. type in something like "Connecting XBox to PC" or whatever.

good luck. :)

5. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Is Windows Firewall on?

6. EerFoolWV

EerFoolWV Member

Well I do appreciate the help, but I've already tried all that without any progress.

I am not using a crossover cable, I am using a router to connect the two.

I really have no clue what the problem is. All the settings are right on my xbox as I'm able to connect on my buddies computer....this is..befuddling!

7. Macdawgg

Macdawgg Regular member

Then the problem sin't your X-box if you've tried it on your buddy's pc. It has to be something on your pc or the way you have your router configured. take your router over your buddies house and see if you can access the box-could be you have the firewall of the router on? also see if you can ping the xbox when its hookedup to your pc. but it has to be either the router or the way you have your pc configured. Make sure on your pc and desktop that the ip's are on the smae subnet(Ex-XXX.XXX.XXX.last thre digits should be different)

8. Macdawgg

Macdawgg Regular member

Then the problem sin't your X-box if you've tried it on your buddy's pc. It has to be something on your pc or the way you have your router configured. take your router over your buddies house and see if you can access the box-could be you have the firewall of the router on? also see if you can ping the xbox when its hookedup to your pc. but it has to be either the router or the way you have your pc configured. Make sure on your pc and desktop that the ip's are on the smae subnet(Ex-XXX.XXX.XXX.last thre digits should be different)

9. Macdawgg

Macdawgg Regular member

10. beelonker

beelonker Member

hey im having problems ftping my xbox i know wut to do and everything but it says connection timed out or connection failed and ive ftped my xbox at a friends house just fine everything worked just fine except it wont work on my computer for sum reason if sumone could messege me on to make it work? thx