1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox game recommendations for a boy please?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by Wyattspop, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Hey Guys,
    I bought my son an Xbox for Christmas, he's been a Wii player since....birth! Can you kids recommend some games for an 8 year old boy please? He loves the following "Minecraft, Slenderman, Sonic, Mario anything, Super Smash Bros amd we are Disney Geeks (he has all the Wii Universe figs)
    Is there any point to buying a game he already has on Wii for his Xbox?
    Thanks friends

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

well im an adult and love destructive games.
    if i was going for non violent i'd be looking at sports games, racing games,disney or lego themed games, maybe simulation (you have minecraft which is the most popular building/simulation game already).

main differences between games on xbox and wii is the controller and maybe more realistic looking graphics on xbox, don't think you will find much different in game play maybe different online players and different dlc.(compare on youtube if you wanna be sure).

3. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Thanks, would you mind throwing me a few titles? It doesn't have to be "non-violent" per se, just not Call of Duty or anything dipicting the horrors of war. He plays simulated violent games on PC, I just don't want him to see violence that looks so real or to learn why he ought to hate people from Vietnam, the Middle East etc. There will be plenty of that in his real life in a decade. Even I won't play those games. Peace

4. GTAPS2

GTAPS2 Regular member

Keep in mind, when you switch away from nintendo games, other platforms such as xbox or playstation will not have such characters in games or infact any games that contains mario, link, zelda, etc. Any nintendo franchised product is liscense by Nintendo, so you will not see them on these consoles. As for Sonic games, I believe there are some. Although you can definitely play some of these games on PC. These are the games for it, there are many more these are to list a few.

Forza Horizon 2

ANY LEGO marvel or LEGO games

Rayman Legends

Child of Light

Never Alone

Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition)

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

Need for Speed Rivals

SkyLanders ( You can buy figs as well for this)

Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes

Minecraft for Xbox 360 Edition

Any Final Fantasy series game (Even though it says rated "T" for teens, but there is nothing in these series of games that should be rated for teens, this game is actually for everyone.

Any Spiderman games, in fact ANY superhero games really.

Rabbids Invasion

Any 2K games (Sports)

Any NFL, FIFA, MADDEN,etc (Sports games)​

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  5. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Thank you, that's very helpful, many of the characters he likes in Wii. I don't suppose my Infinity Wii works on Xbox? Gotta buy the whole starter kit again? Merry Christmas!!!

6. richietea

richietea Regular member

You mentioned you bought the Kinect in one of your posts.I have a son the same age and a daughter aged 14.Both love racing games and platforms.but to have "family time" instead of them been upstairs till daft o'clock make use out of the kinect.We have had some mad times with kinect sports(bowling etc) just dance and kinect adventures.its not the greatest and most accurate of kits but you certainly have a laugh.Another was dreamworks carting.Multiplayer racing against shrek and donkey is great fun(until i throw an explosive banana).There are plenty of Disney related games out there where you don't need to purchase additional extras.Also rock band and guitar hero.My daughter kills me on it she is like a female "slash"!!