1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox games burned to dvd-r

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by daveroot1, Aug 4, 2003.

1. daveroot1

daveroot1 Member

hey all, im a newbie to the whole dvd burning area and i'm sorry if this has been asked before, but is it possible to rip and burn x-box games to have a backup copy? Will shrink 2.3 and nero do this like it would for a regular dvd backup? Also, I do not know anything about modding, so I don't want to do that, is there any other way?
    Thank you so much!
    Dave

Last edited: Aug 4, 2003
  2. kapnkruch

kapnkruch Guest

in 0rder to rip an xbox game it must be ripped from the xbox dvd drive (xbox games are read from the outside-in instead of inside-out, like damn near everything else) Then you FTP the files from the xbox to your PC...then convert the files into an ISO file. Then burn it....alot more stuff is involved prior to that, but that's the jist of it.

3. daveroot1

daveroot1 Member

how do you connect the xbox to the computer and can I use IE's ftp to do it?

4. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

you'll need a program called flashFXP, i'm pretty sure you can use other programs but flashFXP is very easy to use and there are demo versions of it all over the place, even when the demo expires you'll just have to deal with a 30 second nag screen.

5. Netscanur

Netscanur Member

Hey, in order to backup the games, you have to have your box modded so that you can FTP in. You have to have a modded box for backups, man.