1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox games on CD-R?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by iceman231, Mar 15, 2004.

1. iceman231

iceman231 Member

I was wondering... can you back-up or copy an X-Box game to a CD-R or CD-RW? (No DVD burner or DVD-R's). I've heard of numerous programs claiming to do so [DVD Wizard Pro, Copy My DVD, DVD Squeeze]; I'd like to know before I buy (or download!). Im not sure how they claim to put a 2GB game on a 700MB CD but it would be VERY cool! Thanks all for the replies!

2. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

there are things you can do to rip down the game contents and fit them to cdrw. it doesn't work for all games, and some you'll have to remove so much of that they wont be worth playing. uhh, dont download. and if you do, dont talk about it here.

3. clarky

clarky Regular member

Yeah i put a couple of games on cd-rw run too slow its hardly worth it (loading times). Yeah no downloads mentioned here, and no there is no burning programs that will let you burn xbox games straight from the pc (espec on cd) so save your money on dvd copy pro etc and buy evo x, flash fxp and a cross over cable. Oh and a dvd burner.

4. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

xbox games run soo slow on cd, by the way guys he mentiond no illegal downloads at all, so whats the prob, and he never said he was putting xbox games into his pc dvd drive.

5. iceman231

iceman231 Member

Thanks for the info guys - I think Im going to go ahead and get a hard drive in there to back up my games. When I said Download, I meant it legaly too, LoL - I get pop ups for those programs all the time... Prolly spyware.

6. darthnip

Icarbutt --
    that's close enough for me so i mentioned it. If i thought it were more severe, he would have been banned. But since it wasn't direct, it wasn't a big deal but still worth a mention.

7. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

yes but all the programs he listed were LEGAL downloads,and as far as i remember you are allowed to list legal downloads and even talk about them, its only games,hacked bioses and dvd movies hat are illegal and cant be talked about, or have the rules changed?

8. darthnip

the title of the thread and some of the contents of the original post was about "games". There can be no discussion of downloading games period. my reply was about the games part, nothing more. you can discuss anything that helps you make a legit backup no problem, this would include freeware apps and things. I just didn't want someone else jumping on this thread and turning it into a "where can i download games" discussion so i popped in. you'd be surprized how many people can see a thread one way and other see it totally different. I've been on a mission lately to stop that stuff before it starts. hopefully anyone who jumps on this thread and actually reads it all will know not to discuss downloading games here. no one is in trouble or anything, no one made the "shitlist", no worries. hey weren't you a "jr on the rampage" not long ago? I noticed your sig and i remember a "jr on the rampage" recently, that you? boy if you ever make Senior member, you'll have to change it to "senior on the slow walk" or "senior on the casual stroll".

the bottom line is - things have been so nuts here lately, when i see anything even close to "questionable" or anything that might head that way, i'm going to say something. If no one gets banned, then no one deserves it.

9. iceman231

iceman231 Member

Wow, never knew the word download could spark such a contraversy! But hey, at least we know the moderators here are really on the ball - good to know. Thanks!

10. darthnip

yeah the old "D" word is under close watch here. This is one of if not the largest site of it's kind and for years has been under the watchful eye of "the man". We dont want him to get the wrong impression of what we do here.