1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Games on ps3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by reanskin, Mar 5, 2007.

1. reanskin

reanskin Member

Hi I have a question about playing other format games on the ps3. Im from NZ and the ps3 hasnt arrived yet but am getting one. I was wondering if it is possible to run xbox games on a ps3 and if so gamecube. Sorry if this is a repost

Thanks

2. Edgewise

Edgewise Regular member

nope, just PSX and PS2

3. ps3er

ps3er Guest

I love posts like that, lol, it makes me laugh everytime !! i mean. c`mon a gamecube game !!! IT HAS SMALLER DISKS !! lmao.

why the hell would it play them and xbox games ??????? wtf... someone hasnt started school yet.

Sorry for bein mean. lol.

BUT COMMON SENSE HERE !

4. henrito

henrito Member

You could put a gamecube disc on a HDD...

The questions isnt the best, but next time ps3er think twice before you want to insult someone :/

5. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

I'm sure it's possible to run xbox and gamecube homebrew since ps3 is powerful enough. But it might take couple years. I mean they just started to play ps1 games on xbox.

6. janrocks

janrocks Guest

We need to wait for the xeon team and caustik to have a good look at the ps3 innards and do some work in the cxbx and xeon emulators. Don't hold your breath....
    We've been playing ps1 games since the pentium3 series machines came with enough cpu cycles. Then it was just a matter of porting existing emulators over. This is a slightly different issue, the ps3 is pretty unknown territory, emulators that actually work on the ps2 are pretty new, so expect unless you want to run linux os coded emulators for the samt tired old games to have a fair wait.. probably around the time they announce the ps4.
    Anyway, why should you want to play last gen games on a state of the art machine.. just buy an old cheap real console.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2007