1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX games upgraded hd games on your xbox!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Gambleone, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Gambleone

Gambleone Member

i noticed a thread in here where the guy mentioned something about decrypting xbox games does anyone now how to do this and then put them on ur hd or on a dvd or something
    if u know plz let me know

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Can't bold titles - I fixed it for you - and we do have an XBox forum so I'll move this thread out of DVD Authoring.

3. vsaiyan

vsaiyan Member

Well as for decrypting goes I don't know what he's talking about... But as for burning them to a DVD I can help you out... Ok first off if you already have the files use CraXtion (google it) to turn it into an ISO. Or if you have the ISO I recommend using CraXtion to repackage it. After this you burn in onto a DVD in Nero (choose "Choose Image" from the bottom right hand corner") and burn at lowest possible speed (no lower than 1x)... There you go ;) Of course if you just have the disk and want to back it up you must extract it through FTP onto your comp than burn it ect... Check xbox-scene.com for more info on that...

4. Gambleone

Gambleone Member

do i need to mod my xbox
    before i can play the games

5. Gambleone

Gambleone Member

how do u shrink them or make them fit on a normal dvd-r

6. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Yes, you do need to mod your xbox in order to play games on your hd. Also, you will need a dashboard as well (meaning that you're xbox needs a new bios. Most updated mod chips come with one).

Now, most games will fit onto a standard dvdr. However, more and more game companies are starting to take advantage of the room the xbox game disc gives. A helpful solution is to delete the Xbox Live files (downloader.xbe, dashupdate.xbe, update.xbe) and that will help in some cases (for instance, Halo 2). However, not all games will work like that. The only other thing you could do is get Double layer media (if you have a double layer burner) and burn those since they have 8.5 storage (no Xbox game is that big)

7. Gambleone

Gambleone Member

thanx guys that was helpful i guess im getting a mod chip im in toronto anyone know someone that does mods round here