1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox hard drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by wicked210, Dec 18, 2004.

1. wicked210

wicked210 Guest

i kave a moded xbox and i switched the hdd from my computer to my xbox and my hdd from xbox to my computer now i want to switch them back but i get an error 13 when i turn on the xbox with the old xbox hdd. what can i do ?

2. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

ugh..why would you want to do that??

anyways, have you reformated the hdd with your chip OS? or did you just plug it in? because if so, then its not partitioned, formated or have the right files to run your Dashboard. you will need to establish partitions, then restore your dash....

3. punqewe

punqewe Active member

error 13 just means that it can't find the dash that it wants to boot to. If it was formated for your pc already I would suggest using an app to wipe it clean. There should be a hard drive prepare tool on xbins that will do it for you. This way it'll be as fresh as you could get it for a reformat. Then once you have the drive wiped out,install it to your box and use an autoloader like firefuckers or slayers and do a complete format and install (all in one) and then all you might have to do is use an explorer on the autoloader to rename a file or two.....