1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox harddrive help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by desteny2, Apr 20, 2007.

1. desteny2

desteny2 Member

to whom it may concern i'm tryin to make a hard drive for my xbox i softmodded i'm usin xboxhdm 1.9 my computer i'm usin hp pavilion a535w i fellow the step on how to use xboxhdm 1.9 i fellowed the steps my only problem is at the end is when u have to lock the harddrive it says do u want to lock the harddrive i press yes and i keep getting aborting can u tell me what is the problem i'm doing everything right the harddrive is not locked i tested the harddrive can someone help me my e-mail.may561971@hotmail.com thank-you

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Edit your post, and take out your email! That's against forum Rules!!!

I don't know much about Softmods, but you could look for another way to add a HDD to your Xbox!

3. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

I may know what the problem is, when it asks you if you want to lock the hd it will either say type y or n or type yes or no make sure you type what it tells you or it wont work

4. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

when locking the harddrive with xboxhdm, when it asks you to attempt to lock hdd, press "y" instead of typing "yes", will work, no worries.

5. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

It may not work. Hp's freeze lock drives. You need to change the PC bios if this is happening. Go to your bios and remove drive detection. Remember to put everything back if this is your only pc. I use an old pc to do my hd upgrades and had an hp that did the same thing. Hp's and compaq's do this.

6. handsom

handsom Regular member

Most people don't want to mess around too much with flashing their mobo bios; so it may be easier if he just briefly use someone else's machine for the last(and very quick) part. But again type "YES" rather than just "Y" I just about threw a pc and an xbox both out the window the first time I did this. I'm surprised they don't update the script to accept both, or just read the first letter.

Either way, best of luck.

7. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

Your not flashing your bios at all. YOu are setting the drive detection to not detect any drive. It's simple and easy.

8. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

Hello, i seem to be having trouble with the HDD swap. The hdd im swapping the orig. one with is just a regular maxtor pc internal drive, the orig. file structure was ntfs and i figured i had to format it to fat32. i ftp'd my xbox and got all my files in xboxhdm 1.9 and made my iso that i burned to a cd+rw whenever i try to boot to the cd-rom also with the hard drive hooked up it tells me to remove any media or disks hit any key to restart. it done this one both my gateway and compaq has anyone ran into this same kindve problem before?

9. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

try changing the primary boot method in your bios to cd rather than hard drive

10. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

well i solved that problem, it was the ISO i burned with nero first, then imgburn the second time and it worked although im still having problems, i get a 05 error, in the tutorial i read it said to boot to linux unlocking/locking tools, but i could not accomplish nothing that way as it was saying no linux cd found, so i tried the locking/unlocking in dos and i thought everything went well, but i guess not