1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX HARDDRIVE

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by uji2b1k, Mar 20, 2005.

1. uji2b1k

uji2b1k Regular member

I recently borrowed my dad's 80gb seagate harddrive and tried to use slayers to make it work but it was a failure ,so i gave my dad the harddrive back and he says the computer does not even read the harddrive any more, any help would be much apprechiated.

2. modster

modster Regular member

check the jumpers on the hard drive and make sure that it is set to master.

now, if the pc does not recognize the hard drive, re-create the partition.

3. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

you must format the entire drive and disable locking if you did so. if you didnt lock the drive that is why it didnt work in your xbox.

4. fixmyxbox

fixmyxbox Member

When you say installing the hard drive was a failure, what do you mean exactly? Did you install from the slayers disc? Will it not boot to a dashboard after slayers? We need more details. Your bois may be looking some where your dashboard is not located. Your drive maybe be unable to read the disc you burnt.....MORE DETAILS, thanks

Last edited: Apr 28, 2005
  5. uji2b1k

uji2b1k Regular member

i used slayers evox auto installer 2.5 and i installed xbmp,app,evox,and i formated it using slayers before i installed anything. i needed on my 80gb harddrive. i took out the cd rebooted my xbox and it gave me a error 7 witch i think means error loading dashboard. Also for the harddrive to work on my dad's regular pc, do i lock on unlock the harddrive using slayers ( what does lock and unlock do) thanks for the help

6. uji2b1k

uji2b1k Regular member

i need to fix my harddrive badly so it can work on my pc. do i unlock or lock the harddrive so it can work on my pc

7. TheHOFF

TheHOFF Member

Its a few days old now and youve probably fixed it. However, unlock the drive and I suggest you never use someone elses computer hardware for your xbox especially if you have no Idea what your doing. I hope it all worked out for you both. Cheers

8. uji2b1k

uji2b1k Regular member

hello, thanks for the help, but unlocking it did not work eiter, so now i am just trying to make the harddrive work on my xbox using slayers evox 2.5, what exactly do i do. do i install the software on new large harddrive,or do i format it first, and do i chose "c" drive or "f" drive to install ? please help me i need to make use of this harddrive somehow,last time i tired to make it work it gave me an error 7. meanig error launching dashboard.and do i lock the harddrive beofore i install anything or after i install, please help

Last edited: Mar 27, 2005