1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox HD unlocked by accident

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by echoes06, Feb 19, 2007.

1. echoes06

echoes06 Member

I've softmodded my Xbox 1.4 with the SplinterCell / AgentUnderFire trick, but yesterday I've unlocked my HD by accident.. Is there a way to lock the HD again? When I boot my Xbox I get the message that I should contact Microsoft to repair the Xbox :(

2. jmanbig

jmanbig Member

yes you can but u need to have you r xbox eeprom if you have this then use the lock and unlock tools on xboxhdm download form xbox-scene.com to relock the hd with the eeprom and there you go sorted

3. echoes06

echoes06 Member

Is the EEPROM INFO the information that I can find in the C:\BACKUP directory on the Xbox HDD?

4. jmanbig

jmanbig Member

yes thats the stuff you need the eeprom.bin if you listen to most people they do tell you to back this folder up on your pc if you like many others have not done this u might still be in luck sometimes the eeprom.bin gets backed up to the mem card as well you could check with action replay or something

5. echoes06

echoes06 Member

Thanx for your reply again! I've tried to connect the harddrive to my computer, but I can't access the drive.. I tried HD-X-Plorer, this tool detects the harddrive, but freezes after the detection. HDD Driver doesn't work (MFCD42D.DLL line 5078 error).

What's another option to try to get the C:\BACKUP directory from the Xbox HD to my computer?

6. jmanbig

jmanbig Member

im not to sure atm is this the 1st time u or anybody else has unlocked the drive

because if u have upgraded ur HD and used lockhd on xbmdh
    the master password is XBOXSCENE

if it has been locked it the past with config magic then the master password will be TEAMASSEMBLY

if not i will have a look around for some programs to access that damn HD for u

7. echoes06

echoes06 Member

It's the original Xbox harddisk that I've unlocked after a softmod (NOT a TSOP-flash!!).. I'm trying to access that drive to get the password from the C:\BACKUP directory!!