1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox HDD

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by r12wan, Feb 26, 2005.

1. r12wan

r12wan Guest

iv read somewhere that the xbox's HDD is the same as a PC's and it is compatible for use on it so are PC HDD's compatible with the xbox???

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Yes, as long as you installed properly formatted through Evox or FTP.

3. r12wan

r12wan Guest

thnx 4 ur advice m8 but i aint no anythin bout formating is the evox and ftp the same as formatin a pc HDD ????

4. r12wan

r12wan Guest

on me xbox iv got a programme called avalaunch so if i were to go out and buy a PC HDD and install it by just switchin me old 1 with the new will it automatically work?????????

5. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

www.system-mods.com sells pre formatted HDD for your xbox. And no you cannont go out and buy a normal HDD and just switch them, you need to format them a certain way.However, if you just got a HDD preformatted from that site, all you do is plug it in and your set.

6. mdsup

mdsup Guest

you can go out and buy any hd you wish...just pop it in and use slayer's to format the hd.

get a hold of a autoinstaller and you can use what ever hd you want to.

oh yeah, this is a whole lot cheaper than wasting your money online for a hd from a mod shop...(pay for the drive, and slayer's is free)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2005
  7. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

yea try it your self i used to be a newbie at this stuff and i figured it out so easily installing the hdd is one of the most easiest things to do!

8. uji2b1k

uji2b1k Regular member

will ANY harddrive work on the xbox, i thought it needed special files or something. and does it needed to be formatted before installing onto the xbox or not thanks

9. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

Most of the IDE or ATA or UDMA HDD are compatible with xbox. You don't need to format it before installing it to xbox. as a matter of fact, it is kind of difficult to format it to xbox format outside of an xbox. It's much better format it after install. Using Slayer's AutoInstaller will format and install everything you need to use the new HDD in your xbox.