1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX HELP NEEDED!!! Won't Boot!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by tyche7, Mar 31, 2005.

1. tyche7

tyche7 Member

Ok...this is extremely weird and I need some help/opinions on this one!! I have succesfully modded a 1.6b Xbox with the Spiderchip (that took a lot of work being the piece of crap it is). I had the Xbox working BEAUTIFULLY -- booting Evox +3935 and playing roms as well as games from the hard drive, etc.

In any case, I had used electrical tape to keep the wires in place but one of them still came loose. So I opened my Xbox again to reconnect the wires and tape them down even better. I don't know what I did in the process -- I'm pretty sure I did NOT cross wires but at this point I'm not even sure of that seeing what it's doing. The Xbox will NOT boot. It won't even power on. When I press the power OR the eject buttons, I can see my chip LED's light up but NOTHING else happens. The Xbox doesn't turn on, the fan doesn't start, etc.

Please please please someone help me here!!! I need to get this sucker up and running again!!! I don't have the money for another one and this was working so well before!!! I have searched other posts and have not found other posts like this so any help would be appredciated.

2. bill101

bill101 Member

YES! i have the same exact problem . I installed my spider chip and i was getting the same problem that everyone else had with the spider mod even tho i had the new parts for it. What must have happened is the via things on the motherboard must have burned. Im looking how to fu\ix it. Getting to be a big problem someone help us!