1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox help!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by jesspren6, Jul 2, 2007.

1. jesspren6

jesspren6 Member

well i messed up, I can't uninstall the softmod because when I start the xbox up with tray open it goes to xbox live. I have tried to run the linux installer on splinter cell but it freezes. I can still get into the evolution dash and play games but I cant uninstall the softmod. I can ftp but I cant change or add files to the c folder. Is there a way to burn the sid installer onto a dvd and run it? or any other suggestions?

2. Marz13

Marz13 Guest

well are you using AID(auto installer deluxe) 4.0???if so you can actualy burn it to a disk and run it and install and uninstall softmods very easily....if not then im sorry i couldnt help...and if this is not the case then upgrade to 4.0 cause even after you install it you can unistall at anytime right from the dashboard...without needing a disk or anything like that...i realy hoped this helped...and if you or anyone else who reads this has any info on xmugen please contact me A.S.A.P!!!

3. jesspren6

jesspren6 Member

Well I tried to put the original files back on by using ftp, but now I messed up even worse, I can still play burned games but if I leave the tray empty it comes up with xbox failure screen that tries to load the backup but it doesnt work. So is there a way I could just burn my backup ms dash on my computer to a dvd and then run it on my xbox to replace the files? It wont let me hotswap, i have tried several times. I have a backup of the eeprom and hdd key on my pc, could I use a program with a new hdd and eeprom to put a new hdd in that is in factory condition?

4. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

do this, download xboxhdm, go to the file called linux and put your eeprom.bin in eeprom and put ms dash in c then go to the main folder and press make-iso-win then burn that iso to a disk using power iso or alcohol or watever then shut down your pc, open it and take out your main hd and replace it with your xbox one then turn on your pc and put in the disk you burned and go to setup and set it to boot to disk, then when it boots to xboxhdm press 3 for Boot linux with locking/unlocking utilities and press unlockhd -a and press yes and stuff till it says hard drive succesfuly unlocked, then reboot and press 1 for Boot VGA console with xbox-drive utilities (default) then select create hd from scratch and finish that then reboot and go back to Boot linux with locking/unlocking utilities and press lockhd -a and wait till it sais sucessfuly locked then shut down and put ur hd back in ur xbox. and on your next pc boot make sure to go back into settings to make it boot from hd.