1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX image- rare problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by shamsus, Jun 11, 2007.

1. shamsus

shamsus Member

OKay i have never had this problem before- it ALWAYED WORKED before

i have successfully backed up my games to an image- but this is the first time the game turned out to be 700mb-(as an iso, as a mdf it is 800b)

so when i go mount the image and then burn it as usual with my dvd + r, it says "empty" disk"-

after doing some research i find out that some how alcohol 120 has set the options for a cd r since it is under 700mb. this is why i couldnt choose 4x as burning speed too. i couldnt burn as dvd dao and it gave me other options

my question is that how can i burn this on a dvd and if i go and burn a cdr to burn it on, do xboxs read cdrs?
    dont worry i am computer literalt- thats how i got this far :p and i have tryed googleing my problem and couldnt find anything
    help would be appericiated
    oh and i tryed magic iso, when i mount it its gives my DVD r in drive (in blue meaing you got the wrong disk in )

2. shamsus

shamsus Member

some one replay asap :(

3. steimy

steimy Active member

i would try IMGburn. If it is an ISO image then IMGburn will burn it to a DVD as it doesn't have any CD functions. It can only burn to DVD.

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Alcohol will burn it to any media you desire. As long as you don't have a Thomson drive in your Xbox it should read CD-R!

5. shamsus

shamsus Member

i heard you cant burn directly from iso to dvd, you have to make an image,
    i dont have any cd r now so i cant try that now
    any onther suggestions
    is there anyway of playing around with the options in alchol? and i have nero, dones anyone you nero when making the game dvds?

6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Iso files ARE images!?

Nero is ok, but it lacks some powerful options. Alcohol will burn to any media you tell it to! Trust me!

You don't need to select anything as such, just insert the media you want to burn it to. But don't be an idiot and try to burn 3Gb to a CD-R!?

7. shamsus

shamsus Member

thanks img burn worked on the dvd r
    1st i tryed burning the alchol files on dvd but it saif you are going to burn two different modes (cant remember mode 1 #### on mode ####)and said go anyways? i canceled, made it back to iso, and bburned andthe message didnt come back up.

lol the whole time i was backing up my xbox games by taking the iso, making a alcohol file (mds and mdf) and then mounting on the virtual drive and then burning

8. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Yikes, hate that! ;)

9. fischju

fischju Member

weird. I just use quix to back it up and nero to burn it, why do you do all of that?