1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox info

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by KB38, Feb 18, 2003.

1. KB38

KB38 Member

I've read some, but I still have a couple questions:

1)Is the Matrix the best chip? I'm down for no soldering, but not if it means disc swapping or dvdr incompatibility. I also don't want games to detect the chip (i've read that MS stepped up security and newer games won't load on a modded Xbox.

2)can the Xbox read both DVD-R and DVD+R? Or is that dependent upon the mod chip you use?

2. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

hi there.

1) it depends, i have a matrix because, like you, i don't want to mess with soldering anything. but i would say that the matrix is in the top 3 of mod chips, very popular lately (they are on backorder or were for the longest time). As for the matrix and dvdr compatibility, dvd r compatibility has more to do with the dvd drive in teh xbox itself. some xbox dvd drives read dvd+r well, while other ones read dvd-r and others read both well. Not sure about the new games affecting it. i made a backup of bmx xxx and it worked perfect, same with splinter cell and mortal kombat.

2)i believe they should read both. it depends on the xbox dvd drive (mod chip doesn't affect readability

hope that helps
    peace
    seamonkey420

3. KB38

KB38 Member

Helps a lot, thanks. I've heard (since posting) that the Matrix has been known to fry an Xbox or two and that the best chip is the X2lite/pro, with 10 easy wires to solder. You know anything about the X2lite? I believe it's flashable without opening the Xbox.

4. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

sorry, i don't know too much about the x2lite, but i've heard its a great mod chip too..

peace

5. 187

187 Member

has anyone used the ozxchip? if so does it support the evolution x dashboard and evox d6?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2003
  6. hoppers

hoppers Regular member

the X2Lite i sa good chip, i have had mine since xmass and no trouble with compatability.

its not too hard to install. i had never soldered before. you just have to take your time about it. there are 8 wires that are easy to do. one thats a total bitch and one that just screws on. it took me about 10 mins to do 9 wires and over an hour for the other one.

but after that it booted up first try.. :)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2003
  7. mydadsfat

mydadsfat Guest

what's a mod chip

8. mydadsfat

mydadsfat Guest

just kidding

9. mydadsfat

mydadsfat Guest

u should softmod ur xbox its easier

10. mydadsfat

mydadsfat Guest