1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox is modded, evox is installed, now i want a bigger hd. Help

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Jdilla, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

ive modded my xbox about 2 months ago, i got the xecuter 2.3blite+ with the evox3935 dash.. its been working great, and im glad with it, well not really. i want a bigger hd, atleast a 40gb, or the biggest 120gb. but since my chip has already been flash with the 4983bios, when i installed the new hd, will the chip pick it up? or what will i have to do? reflash it on bank 2 with the new hd installed?? im kinda confused on this, and have read that big hd, can get really hot and i should look forward on purchasing a fan to cool things down inside the xbox, but why? dont the xbox have a fan already?, anyways, what hd do you guys recommend? should i got with a seagate? western digital?..

2. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

the biggest you can have with these new bioses (xecuter 4981-4983 and m7) is 300gb

no reflash is required since you have a new BIOS.

i personally recomend maxtor, they all seem to lock well for me, but thats my personal opinion, i have heard seagate are good as well.(and western digital should work since that is what is in the origanal xbox)