1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox keeps asking for update

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Viper3, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

Back when lt3.0 came out, I went to stock, then downloaded update (14699), then flashed lt3.0. I haven't used my xbox since because I don't have an active xbox live account. Well today I wanted to check out the marketplace and when I logged in to my username, it pops up with an update required message similar to what one would expect with a dash update. Well thinking someting wasn't right and knowing that I had lt3.0 and that I shouldn't ever update with that, I went down to stock, created a dummy profile on a usb and then updated my console. It went to the same 14699 and when I plugged in my internal ms hard drive, the same message appeared when I try to "Join Xbox Live" in order to get the silver account.

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

The update stores some of the data on the hard drive, or whatever device is plugged into the system. So when you plugged your internal drive back in, it figured you didn't have the 14699 update, so you need to update to it, when that drive is plugged in. Don't worry, you can still flash back to LT+ 3.0, it's just a system update!

3. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

I also noticed that my games saves seem to be missing? Why is that?

4. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Does your system have an internal memory that it might have been saving to? Otherwise I don't know.