1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Linux Installer

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Ant305, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Ant305

Ant305 Member

Ok so I have an old Xbox, that I'd really like to softmod.
    I have the following items:
    -Splinter Cell(Original)
    -GameShark Cord
    -Standard xbox memory card

I've read multiple softmodding tutorials using the Action Replay Software, but I always seem to get the same problem over and over again.

Since I'm using splinter cell, the exploits are always two different files(a linux profile, and a linux installer).

The linux profile works fine, however it's when I try to put the linux installer file on my memory card from Action Replay that I get problems. It begins loading it and then seems to just skim over the file and shows complete. When i then load my memory card up to my xbox, in the linux installer folder i see a file that says "Corrupt Save". Then, when I actually load up the game and select the linux profile, my xbox gives me an error 21.

I'm looking for any help I've tried using SID4, SID2, I've tried reinstalling action replay(the only version i can find is 1.4) ...but nothing.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Try the AID 4.50 install disc instead it has both hard mod & softmod capability with a stack of apps included,that's all i can suggest apart from forgetting softmod & chip instead

3. Ant305

Ant305 Member

I can install a softmod on my xbox using AID, without it already being softmodded?

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Don't know if it's for sofmodding or if it's just an app installer,i'm not the one you need to be talking too there are others here that would be more suited for your issue, tho at a guess & assuming you are following the correct procedure it may just be a faulty block on the mem card,without another there's no way of knowing,wabashman or modking or jpizzle etc would be your best bet there are others but i can't recall their names,the three i've mentioned are regulars in the 360 section,you can get hold of wabash at the link below as well as jpizzle

http://www.elitemodscene.com/

edit:just double check your doing things exactly as explained
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/228232

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  5. Ant305

Ant305 Member

Thanks alot for the help.