1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox live arcade games gone

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by bigukdaz, May 21, 2007.

1. bigukdaz

bigukdaz Guest

Hi guys im new to this but here goes, i've had my 360 flashed for a couple of months and everything was fine i also downloaded about 30 live arcade games which were paid for, some before i had it flashed. I have now been banned from live (fair enough knew it was gonna happen it was good while it lasted) but most of my arcade games have gone back to trial versions yet the later ones seem ok, so at the moment have lost about 18 arcade games that were fully paid for.anyone else had this happen ? many thanks

2. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

Whoa, I didn't think they were reverting the full, paid versions back to trials. That really sucks.

I wonder if that goes for DLC that you pay for.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

well, seeing that they are XBOX LIVE arcade games wouldn't they be useless anyway? Do they not use Xbox Live in order to play them?
    Personally i only have one and i never play it anyway. But part of banning your Live account may be wiping out all the things that you purchased through it like map packs, arcade games, dashboard skins and so on. I think that is wrong since they took your money. BUt they can pretty much do whatever the heck they want.
    I would like to hear a bit more people who were banned and have these arcade games respond though. Just to see if it was a freak thing, or a common thing that is happening.

4. bigukdaz

bigukdaz Guest

you don' need to be on live to play them as most were single player anyway it's strange but it seems the ones i paid for after it being flashed are fine but the ones that were bought when the xbox was legal are now gone, i find it harsh that i have lost these because i have paid for them.

5. elucidate

elucidate Member

I dunno man.. if you actually had content you paid for, regardless of what you've done with your console, they don't have the legal right to take those games back from you. You've paid for them.

If you seriously lost games once you were banned, I'd strongly suggest calling a lawyer. Modding is still a gray area, as it is legal for backing up your own games, and if they really did delete/modify status of your games, they've outright done something highly illegal.

6. Kasper45

Kasper45 Member

I agree, but good luck going after MS with their Billion dollar lawyers.

7. steimy

steimy Active member

"they don't have the legal right to take those games back from you"

That may or may not be true. It depends on the fine print in the XBL that you signed up for. With a huge corporation like that there is always fine print that no one ever bothers to read. It may state something to the effect that you are paying for the use of those games, not to actually own them. If they still own the rights to the games and you are just paying to use them then they can do whatever they want.

8. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Originally had an Hitachi 0059Dj, gave it to my son but I had about 7 arcade titles paid for. Got me a MS28 and bought 6 more arcade games. The 6 I bought on the MS28 work full version even though I'm banned but the 7 I bought on the 0059DJ are all trials. The 7 trails become full again when I stick the HDD to the Hitachi and the 6 full versions from the Sammy become trials. That's exactly what happened here as well.

9. steimy

steimy Active member

PS2Menace, that is really odd. So your saying that the games actually have some sort of link to the DVD drive? The hard drive i could see. But i would have thought the the DVD drive would have nothing to do with it. So that to me would say that they have some way of scanning your system and knowing what it's current state is. So they knew that your system had one drive it it with some games, and another drive with other games. And will only play those as a full version if the system shows that you are using all the same equipment as the time when you purchased them.
    Guess it is logical, but still very odd.

Last edited: May 21, 2007
  10. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Well sorta what I am trying to say, but what I mean is that the full version will only play OFFLINE on the console you purchased it on. Both of my 360's are banned, the first 360 I had is the 0059DJ Hitachi and those games I bought when I used it still work offline (full version)... even though banned, when I take my lone HDD off my MS28 and put it back on the Hitachi system. When I leave it on my banned MS28 360, then the games I purchased with that system are full versions and the others resort back to trial (because I can't sign in to live)

Last edited: May 21, 2007
  11. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Just so you all know... You have to be connected to Xbox Live to play the full version of the Arcade Games! I got a new 360, and was talking with M$ on the phone on how to get my old games back, and they said that I could just re-download them, but you have to be connected to Xbox Live in order to play them! So if you were banned from Xbox Live, then the Arcade games will only show up as trials! Sorry that happened to you man...