1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox live ban, a bit confused why do!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by X360pt, Dec 16, 2007.

1. X360pt

X360pt Member

hello every1, i've not been able to sign in to xbox live since yesterday, and i've found out 2day tht i've been banned, but thig is 1. my 360 ein't flashed,2.flashed it before with a different dvd drive3. i had sent my 360 2 M$ about a month ago and my 360 was flashed then with a different dvd drive, when i got my 360 vck i noticed tht M$ changed my dvd drive, and after a month am banned when my 360 ei't flashed, i am so pissed off1!!

2. smoobies

smoobies Guest

Can't fight Microsoft(too big). Don't support them and by a Wii. Forget about live it's over rated. I had the service for 3 years. I hardly go online with friends because they normally do their own thing anyway. So what's the point when yo send invites to games and nobody joins or if a game like halo comes out only to disappear like a fart in the wind after 3 weeks. Nobody wants to play it with you anymore. Other thing you could do is buy another xbox360 and play on live. Your system is banned, not your account, but I personaly wouldn't give them the satisfation.

3. ghostbugg

ghostbugg Regular member

you know what probably happened. when they received your xbox for repair, it probably needed a new disk drive. they probably switched it out without even checking the firmware on the other drive. but since your xbox probably logged the information long before that, they banned you, not knowing it was that particular box. they probably received the feedback that it had been modded, and banned it without any thought to the fact that it was your particular xbox. For the record. if yuo like xbox, buy another one. not buying one isnt going to hurt them at all. they are supported by millions of buyers, and thats not gonna change. you arent going to make a difference to them. next time either dont mod it, or do it the right way. no offense to your abilities, but i have only had one of the consoles i modded banned, out of the 9 taht i have done, and it was only because he didnt give it to me to update for so long that he missed like 4 updates. thats why it got banned.

4. X360pt

X360pt Member

thnk u very much for ur suggestions, would u say tht if i sold my 360 would be a good move?? when some people dn't even play online anyway, and i got like 28 games aswell lol.

5. smoobies

smoobies Guest

It's not the games that suck for xbox 360, it's the xboxlive service that sucks for the money.It's also the systems hardware intergration confined to such a tight space.(Hence overheating problems.) First ,no other console charges you for service.No other systems have had so many repairs. I loved and still love my original xbox because it did't break. I own a NES Dreamcast as well, all still working. Secondly, who cares if your xbox is moded to play xbox back ups. Why should you get banned for that. Xbox still is charging you $49.95 + any Arcade games you will purchase. Your back ups are playing like the retail version. They are still making a killing of off you for arcade games that could be played on other previously released systems.I never under stood that.I could see them banning you for selling pirated games or if you chip modding and cheating , well that's another story .And you are giving them permission to look into your account info game console(privacy act) which you quickly signed not knowing what they could do or what you were getting yourself into.They are also constanly banning innocent people for no reasons.(check out the other forums.)

6. MrXbox360

MrXbox360 Guest

Since you don't care for XBL that much, I would just keep it and play it, it is still a kick ass system. If you sell it, you'd lose too much money on it. And if you sell your games (if they are copied), you'll be doing a federal crime.

7. smoobies

smoobies Guest

Oh , go ahead an sell yoy xbox 360 as long as you have not opened it since. You also say Microsoft reflashed the firmware . Good then you cold resell it. If you go to resell a modded xbox firmware you could be brought up on criminal charges because the xbox serial is connected to your personal info.( I remember reading this on one of the forums.) If your xbox is modded well keep it in you house an continue to play you games, just stay away from live. If live is the most important thing in you life( which you implied is'nt) then go and purchace an elite (less breakdows/repairs, better chip qualitly, less overheating )and continue playing your games on live. Me personly having to shell out $450 for another 360 system is like rolling the dice( Is it going to the shop? or Is it going to last this time?) I was disappointed twice already with repairs. This time I'm purching a Wii. Nintendo has been around the video game scene long before Microsoft has and you won't be an achievementholic like I was. Those dam achievents had me playing games I did't want to play and left me out in the cold with my friends list. Thank god I went cold turkey and cancled my Xboxlive service.I could now enjoy playing games that I like, not worring who is going to catch up to my gamer score.Plus people were doing the same as I hence no time to play online games together which is what Xbox live was originaly designed to do in the first place .

8. MrXbox360

MrXbox360 Guest

Wii is cool, but rather have next generation graphics, instead of games for the whole family (when my family isn't into it). If you aren't gonna buy a 360, buy a PS3.

9. smoobies

smoobies Guest

I rather have fun playng video games with my 4 year old daughter and family.I still play board games at home with her and believe me those graphics suck. ( LOL) Also she can't play the good graphic games like Mass Effect, Gears of War, Halo 3 she's too young.If you are into graphics then purchase a PS3. That is the work horse for graphics. Xbox 360 is idealy for XBL. But if graphics were everything why did the ps2 last and out sell the original xbox. Why can't you find a Wii in the stores. ( Not Anazon or ebay doen't count over priced). My point is games are ment to be interactive an fun. If you are not having fun ( like I wasn't :playing games for achievements that I didn't want to play) well you seemy point, nothing is going to make you happy. Play viedo games with my daughter is a lot of fun. It reminds me of when my dad played video games with me.sounds like that commecial Play viedo games with my daughter pricless!

10. MrXbox360

MrXbox360 Guest

Definitely dude get the Wii if your family likes it. I showed my 3 yo nephew the 360 today and he loved it. Your daughter will love the Wii, so cool. PS2 outsold the Xbox because they had a many year head start on the Xbox and had a ton more games when Xbox launched. If PS2 and Xbox would have both launched at the same time, then Xbox would have won out IMO because it had the better graphics. I think it's pretty crappy how they quit making games for Xbox, they just tossed it aside in favor of the 360. it just amazes me the PS2 is still such a great selling system, always see people buying them at stores.

11. martin280

martin280 Member

Worried about getting banned? I just solved my problem!

I was worried about getting banned since I am going to flash my system soon. So worried, in fact, that I bought another console! Boom, problem solved. For $185 on ebay I got another Xbox 360 that I can happily mod and play on without worry.

$185 isn't all that much. It's the cost of 1 textbook for me...

Now I just gotta figure out which classes I wont be buying a book for this upcoming winter quarter.

Guess you have to decide if its worth it. My answer, hell yes. Just figure the cost per hour I get out of it! Its seriously pennies, beats a movie (I have netflix anyway!) or even a game of pool for its economic value. I can't complain too much. Of course it varies per person, just figure it out yourself. I could have bought a wii this Christmas instead but... meh.

12. MrXbox360

MrXbox360 Guest

Martin, you seem like you are trying to convince yourself that you made a good decision buying a console, lol you don't sound deep down too convinced. My question is this, if you got banned once, why don't you think it will happen again? Unless you are not going to play backups, then you won't have to worry. Also too, aren't you worried that the magical xbox360 you bought might be a banned console?

13. smoobies

smoobies Guest

Martin you will get banned if you use the same gamer profile for both ststems. when you play your modded xbox with the profile and then bring profile to unmodded xbox to update your gamer score bamb,XBL tech. will ban that console because they also have a log which sees all of the games you played ( kinda like hiden files).Saves leave watermarks too. It's kind of like reading your bank account statements but more than that..Trust me they will ban you unless you never , bring the profile from modded to unmodded system.But whats the sense if your going for achievements. Thats what the xbox 360 is about any ways, right?

14. bat395

bat395 Member

Martin is not breaking any of Xbox Live's Terms of Use by having two consoles (one modified and one unmodded) so long as he does not connect to Live with the modded one.
    Terms of Use
    Para 14
    "The Service may only be accessed with an original Xbox, an Xbox 360 console, a personal computer or by logging into your account via Xbox.com. You agree that you are using authorized software and hardware to access the Service, and that your software and hardware have not been modified in any unauthorized way (e.g., authorized repairs, upgrades and downloads). Any attempt to disassemble, decompile, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, modify, further sublicense, distribute or use for other purposes either the hardware or software associated with an original Xbox or Xbox 360 console or the Service, is strictly prohibited and may result in cancellation of your account and/or your ability to access the Service, and the pursuit of other legal remedies by Microsoft."

Even if he swaps one hard drive (containing his Gamertag and saved content) back and forth between the two Xboxes, his unmodded box will not be breaking the Terms of Use because he is using authorized software and hardware to access the Service (ie Live). His hard drive has not been modified in any way.

This part is speculation: if the homebrew scene evolves to the point where it can be run from the hdd, then a person would be breaking the TOU if they accessed Live even with an unmodded Xbox if it had said hard drive attached.

And I'm spent.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  15. SProdigy

SProdigy Regular member

Okay, so after having my firmware flashed for nearly a year it looks like I've been banned from XBL. However, my situation is ALOT different from most of the rebel users on these forums:

1. NEVER played backups on XBL.
    2. Play games maybe 1-3 times a MONTH.
    3. Have not played a 360 game for over a month, never even turned on the console until last week. I was excited to use the divx playback feature. I updated my console and then powered off. Went back to it last night, and it said I needed an update from XBL in order to play the divx movie. Went to sign in and it wouldn't let me.

So, any idea on WTF happened? I didn't have a game in the tray or anything. Haven't played one forever. All I wanted to do was stream some video, and apparently, this thing will STILL be a POS for doing that even AFTER the update, and because it STILL asks for an update that I supposedly can no longer get, I guess I'm screwed unless they put future kernel updates out on the discs.

16. bat395

bat395 Member

You can download the update from Xbox.com and burn it to a cd or dvd.
    Go here and under the To create a DVD or CD there's a link. Follow the instructions. Never tried it, but the save file is named $SystemUpdate_12-2007.zip so I imagine it's the most recent.

17. smoobies

smoobies Guest

It does't make a difference weather you played on XBL with back ups. XBL can now see whats on your xbox 360 and it's the firmware. Probally when you updated your dash on Dec 4th. it did update security features as well. Oh, by chance did you download that free Carcasson Game. People on the forums are saying that gamme was loaded with sort of a trogan horse program. The back ups that you played, were they download from torrent sites. Some of the torrents were bad copies so says www.xbox-scene.com. My opinion XBL placed some of those bad files into the game torrents. Just speculating. Do you use the forum alot, perhaps XBL is logging who is talking about modding an banning. Again speculation, perhaps maybe this is why innocent people are being banned as well.

18. MrXbox360

MrXbox360 Guest

lol, innocent people??? All of us who mod out 360s are guilty and it will be just a matter of time before we all get banned from XBL, but life goes on.

19. brifa

brifa Regular member

hey guys i got a hitachi (xtreme FW 1.2)and i didnt get banned yet...i was banned once...last year ..and i still using my gamertag from last year...still rollin

20. smoobies

smoobies Guest

Wondering ? Is it true that if banned once and buy an other xbox 360 core system ( unmodded/ unopened ) will you be able to go back online an play online games with retail xbox 360 games and still use backups on modded system (with out going online )with out loosing your gamer profile? How would this work? Would you then be banned again?