1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Live - Ban Watch

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by raysuave, Feb 12, 2007.

1. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

I was playing COD 3 yesterday and all of a sudden I got kicked off XB Live. I paniced and crossed my fingers until I successfully logged back in. I guess there was a hiccup in my internet connection or something but it scared the crap out of me.

I was wondering if there was a site or a forum specifically made for being on the look-out for the start of XB Live banning or any suspicious MS activities that could possibly lead to future bans??? Seems like the idea of no MS bans is just too good to be true seeing as how quick they starting banning on the original Xbox.

I made the mistake of forgeting to disconnect my ethernet cord when playing Xbox 1 like 2 years ago and seems like I got banned 1 millisecond after I pressed the power button.....MS wasn't playing around at all. As these weeks are going by, I'm getting more and more nervous.

2. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

Just keep it legal and u wont have to worry

3. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

What do you mean? Even if you own the originals MS could still ban you from Live simply because you modded the console.

4. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

i dont think you have to worry about live bans for awhile

peace

5. mrlip

mrlip Regular member

As long as your paying your £40 a year, or your $65, Microsoft probably dont really care tbh. There just coming under a lot of pressure from games developers to ban people. I cant see banning ever happening though tbh.

6. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

Why is this, they did it on Xbox 1, why not on Xbox 360?

7. schweet

schweet Guest

Getting banned worries me because to my knowledge there's no way of playing backed up games on an Xbox 1; as far as I know you have to turn off your chip (feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken). So if Micorsoft can catch you on Xbox 1, surely it won't be long before they can catch you on a 360...?

8. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

To be honest man i just cant get my head around why the aint banned any1 yet, It almost comes accross like they cant detect it. Whats the chances of the stealth actually being 100% stealth?

9. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

well i guess xtreme firmware really is doing what it is supposed to then... im still scared to flash in case i get banned but its a step i need to take soon

10. mrlip

mrlip Regular member

They prob just see it as a waste of time. Sure it will be a deterrent, but modders always win. FACT. There is not a system/game that cant be modded, thus whatever Microsoft put in, it will be hacked. And like I said, they are still getting their £40 a year regardless.

11. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

yeah but they will probably lose more then that on software sales. i dont understand why they were so fast to ban on xbox and not now

12. ssj4_2004

ssj4_2004 Member

^ one theory is that with he first xbox people were able to do OTHER things like emulators and halo modding, ect. Since we can't do that (yet) MS isn't putting much effort into stopping us to play online with our modded xboxes.

Which makes sense to me. Because if people don't want to play on live against cheaters anymore, then people aren't playing LIVE anymore. And that will cost MS revenue.

Or maybe MS is waiting until Halo3 comes out to ban everyone >_>

13. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

lol i reckon its false sense of security... everyones reading it thinking they should do it and it will be fine and still paying their $40.... then on one night, xblive packed as ever...everyone gets booted and MS will have pocketed loads more from delaying the ban. i thought i read somewhere that their was some gears of war mods... you are able to edit certain statistics of weapons etc

14. Lords

Lords Member

well my thought on it is they havent come out with a major game for the 360 yet.. sure there is a few good games but once people start modding halo3 i guarentee the bans will return.. until then i dont think they really care..

15. cateye4k

cateye4k Member

i just think that the reason for MS to not ban people with modded consoles because right now it is a plus marketing point. I think a lot of people delay buying the console till modding can be done (my opinion, could be wrong). With such a tough console war, MS will use everything to sell their consoles.

16. cearel

cearel Guest

another point to think about is with xbox1 the xboxes funtionality whas changed or a major part so it was easier to catch(just my opinion no facts) unlike the 360 were its just simply the firmware of the dvd drive.But im sure they will find a way sooner or later just hope later rather then sooner lol. Heres a thought you connect through them and they have the tool to read the firmware they put it there didnt they?? just some thoughts(crazy thoughts). i did flash mine about 3 months ago now no probs yet so flash away until you hear of the first banning is that even a word lol

17. Vitriolic

Vitriolic Member

You were able to play xbox 1 games online by flashing the firmware. This has been confirmed.

18. cearel

cearel Guest

true but how to do it was never release and i have never heard of anybody being banned that ONLY had there drive flashed

19. nickmmira

nickmmira Member

maybe they will start banning when halo 3 comes out, i remember when halo 2 came out they started banning regular xboxs that were modded even when the chips were off!

20. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

I agree with this, does anybody know what the differences could be as far as MS being able to detect a modded bios on a MOBO (Xbox 1) and modded bios/firmware on a DVD drive, which is connected to the MOBO??? At first glance, I would think the difference would have to be related to feedback signaling in the circuitry. If it is a feedback issue for why they can't detect modded consoles, could this be changed with an update from MS??

I am surprised information has not been leaked relating to bans by people who work for MS, or by people who are close to people who work for MS. You would think that in a year, a little bit of information would surface relating MS's response. I mean we got CIA agents being leaked, almost every movie that comes out, a screener has been leaked, countless albums are steadily being leaked, but yet no one has any good info about this..... In that big #ss company, there has gotta be somebody on the side of modders who has access to this precious info??