1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox live banned

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by fastted83, Jan 21, 2005.

1. fastted83

fastted83 Member

i read in another thread about someone else had been banned and davepyne had mentioned something about flashing a new eeprom onto my new hdd from a virgin xbox. i was wondering if anyone had any knowledge as to how i can violate someones virgin xbox, or if possible just use eeprom from old hdd. if someone could give the step by step procedure on how to retrieve new eeprom it would be greatly appreciated. oh and does anyone know where to get xboxlive download content online, if at all possible

2. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

Ok just changing the eeprom will not get you unban you amymore because the eeprom is married to your HDD when you go on xboxlive which meens you need to have the same eeprom with the same HDD every time you go on. I have heard that you need get the HDD key of your current eeprom, then reflah with the new virgin eeprom and put the old HDD key on it. You better go to xboxscene forums to find out how to do this as its kinda hard. http://www.xboxscene.net

3. scottas

scottas Guest

Yea this whole thing has been getting weird. I'm stuck using my upgraded hdd on live because it ran the update after I installed it. No way to tell so far when it really married the info to the eeprom so I just took a gamble and went on live with the current hdd, but it had been in there for over a year. If I was going to go to all the trouble of flashing a new eeprom, I'd just as soon get a stock xbox just to use on live, no worries that way.