1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox live can u play back ups online

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by ev1l, Sep 21, 2004.

1. ev1l

ev1l Guest

hi people can you play xbox back ups online. i been looking around the message bored and nobody has ask this question. i just want a full answer and thats about it

2. ev1l

ev1l Guest

Brand New Xbox System with Latest Evox Chip PreInstalled (HWR) i got that xbox for 230.00 and it was already made 4 me

3. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004
  4. M8trix

M8trix Regular member

Actually there's a way around that part about no backups.

Only reason you'll get banned for using an Xbox backup with a modchip disabled is because you didnt burn the game to a Dual-Layer DVD, that's why they can detect if your using a backup. Obviously if you run a Single-Layer DVD-R on Live you'll stick out like a sore thumb because pressed Xbox games are on DVD9s. What do you think Microsoft's gonna think when they see a single-layer DVD running on their Live servers amongst thousands of other Dual-layer dvds?

5. ev1l

ev1l Guest

i do not burn my xbox dubs. i get a dub for 3.00

6. nivek41

nivek41 Member

I don't know if that is true or not about the dual layer disc being able to work on live. One thing is for sure...If the dub you are getting is $3.00 than it is a single layer disc. I also don't believe that the majority of original xbox games are on dual layer discs. This would be a lot of uneeded money that the game manufacturers would be paying. Most games size do not require the amount of space that a dual layer has.

7. clarky

clarky Regular member

M8trix, you couldn't be more wrong. Even if you burn an xbox game with a dual layer disk you still need you chip activated to play it! Chip is on to play backed up game - user goes on to live - user gets banned.

8. M8trix

M8trix Regular member

Actually, all Xbox games are on DVD9 discs, just another copy protection scheme by Microsoft due to the unavailability of Dual-Layer burners when Xbox first released. Knowing that current burners at Xbox's release could only read the first layer of the discs, they figured they solved their piracy problem, at least temporarily.

I never said you should go on Live while you have your chip enabled. What I meant was, boot your backup with the chip enabled, disable your chip, and then connect to Live. Viola. :D

9. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

To solve all these problems, use XBConnect, it's free.

10. punqewe

punqewe Active member

yeah a good Kai engine is the way to go man.

11. mr_modder

mr_modder Member

You cannot use ANY burned games on XBox Live. Even if you turn off your mod chip AFTER enabling at first to play your backup. When you enable your modchip it loads a different bios that Xbox Live detects and checks for when you connect. The Xbox works the same as a PC. The bios of the Xbox does not change until after a reboot (turning it off).
    Once you get banned from live it is very difficult to get it unbanned.

12. ev1l

ev1l Guest

even if i did get a unbanned from xbox live i can just chance my ip address for the serivece

13. clarky

clarky Regular member

No, its not the ip that gets banned, its the xbox. You will need to find a new eeprom for it if you get banned.

14. nyjoker

nyjoker Member

what about soft mod using the exploits, can that be detected and banned?

15. pkizzz

pkizzz Member

Can you play games from the HARDDISK, with xbox live??

Is there any way at all i can play burned/backup games online? And do I need to buy the Xbox Live starter kit??

16. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

yes u can get banned from using a soft modded system on xbox live. its a bitch finding an eeprom well it was for me lol but i learned my lesson

17. Harryford

Harryford Member

you obviosly dont know what you are talking about ANY DVD BURNER can read dual layer.. may not burn BUT THEY CAN READ, SO CAN ALL DVD PLAYERS.. please dont give out wrong info

18. XbOxOwNeR

XbOxOwNeR Guest

Is There A Way That you can make a switch to turn it on and off???It i mean the modchip...i have a solder modchip and the original HALO 2!!!!!!! please help me!

19. XbOxOwNeR

XbOxOwNeR Guest

i talked to XBOX CUSSTOMER SERVICE the person said that you cant play any game on you hd on xbox live or you get banned. You cant have a modchip and play. You cant even have a modchip and have the origional game and play. they are so strick!!!!!! so basically you cant do anything "modded". even though you get banned ive read on another forum that the only way that you can get unbanned is to get another bios and it is rare to find one. You will never get unbanned by a person from the xbox company. Good Luck

20. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

I think your guessing that's the case.There's alot of games out there that will fit on a 700 mb cd disc.
    There's also demo discs from the xbox magazine that I doubt are dual layer.