1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Live + Flashed Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jbytheway, Mar 24, 2007.

1. jbytheway

jbytheway Member

Hallo,

First off, I am a complete newbie on the Xbox 360 'scene' and appologise in advance for any stupid questions or general ignorance.

I have just bought a 2nd hand Xbox 360. The drive has apparently been 'flashed' with somethig called XTRM Stealth v2.3 Revision 2 (does that sound right?). Also I have found out it is a Hitachi drive (if that matters).

I have recently bought DOA 4 and wanted to test out the Xbox Live. When I try to connect it asks me if I would like to update my Xbox Live and that I can not connect without the update.

I now want to know whether I will still be able to back up my games and play the backups, if I choose to install the Xbox Live update.

Can anybody help? Hope, this has not already been extensively discussed and I am asking peole to repeat themsleves again.

Thank you.

James

2. theridges

theridges Guest

on your dashboard go to System-Console Settings-system info and tell us what version dashboard you have it should look something like
    D:2.0.4552.0 or similar

3. jbytheway

jbytheway Member

Thank you for the reply.
    The number in the system info reads:

D:2.0.2858.0 - K:2.0.2858.0 (BK:2.0.1888.0)

4. billz

billz Active member

all games are updated now and then it fine you may upgrade,if it's the dashboard update there were a couple problems a 1st but they have been fixed by micro$oft since then

5. jbytheway

jbytheway Member

Thank you for the advice. It is nice to know I can still use Xbox Live.

After I have installed the update....I presume I should use the original DOA4 disc and not my back-up for online play? Otherwise I can get banned?

6. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

nope your safe to use your burned game and not get banned...

7. theridges

theridges Guest

yep oh what a beautiful thing it is :)

8. jbytheway

jbytheway Member

Enjoyed my first on-line experience yesterday. I say enjoyed...I had my a$$ handed to me and was advised to play DOA4 alone for a couple of months before trying my hand at online play. Still, that was to be expected I guess.

Thanks again everybody for the help.