1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox live internet connection speed?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Thegame_1, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Thegame_1

Thegame_1 Member

Hello, I currently have a 128kbps dsl connection i have just ordered an xbox arcade from ebay. I have done some research and i just keep getting more confused. They told me i needed an 64kbps upload speed, other said that xbox live games were made to play at 64kbps unless you were hosting a game. I was thinking to upgrade to 256kbps but will that be enough? or should i get the 1mb speed? Could you post your connection speed thanks

2. oosel

oosel Regular member

I dont know for sure but I think you should be fine with 128kbps, I could be wrong. My current speed is 1487 Kb/s down and 316 Kb/s up.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  3. Thegame_1

Thegame_1 Member

do you mean its fine if i have 128kpbs download or overall, i dont understand why providers say its 128 when its only like 30kpbs download rate

4. oosel

oosel Regular member

I would leave it the way you have it now and just try it. I wouldent upgrade until you find out if it works or not first.

5. Pepp77

Pepp77 Regular member

128kbps (kilobits per second) as quoted is different to what you would see on screen of a computer when downloading as that is shown in KB/s (kilobytes per second).

1KB/s is equivalent to 8kbps so 128kbps is approximately 16KB/s.

Anyway to continue - where are you getting a 128kbps connection from I didnt think these were even still around - and is this your upstream or your downstream speed.

I have a 4meg down, 400kbps up (or 500KB/s down and 50KB/s up)and its pretty quick.