1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox live mod

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by tooties21, Feb 24, 2007.

1. tooties21

tooties21 Guest

Hey all, I got a quick question.
    I plan on joining Xbox LIVE today to play some games for my 360 and i was also planning on getting the mod chip for my console soon. Is there any reason i shouldnt join XBOX LIVE before installing my chip??? for exampple (Micosoft mite update my 360 making it un moddable?) Or am I over worrying? Thanks

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

do the firmware flash, its stealth and cant be detected

3. tooties21

tooties21 Guest

that wasnt my question. My question is If i go on LIVE before I mod my console will m*crosoft install an update to my xbox that will make my 360 unmoddable???

4. andersg

andersg Regular member

It wont be unmoddable but you might get detected on Xbox Live if you install a mod chip and still play online. Flashing the drive is a better option if you know what you're doing.

5. tooties21

tooties21 Guest

So..... In your opinion/statment I should flash my 360 with the hitachi intructions on the sticky?
    #2 if do go that route i WILL be able to play backuped games on xbox LIVE without being detected??

6. andersg

andersg Regular member

Yeah you can play backed up games no problem. I don't know too much about the difficulty of the firmware flash so I can't recommend it. I have just read, here on afterdawn, that it seems to be the best option.

7. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

hitachis are the easy drives to do, and yes they are stealth as i said, maybe you should read some, but yeah your safe to flash without getting banned

8. tooties21

tooties21 Guest

WOW i didnt now that!!
    SO this way i could play backed up games online and be worry free? nice.
    DO you guys to that too?

DO you think that maybe in the futute they will ban the users who go that route?

9. andersg

andersg Regular member

They could possibly ban people in the future thats why you have to keep the original firmware on a disc so you can always go back to it if you ever needed to.

10. tooties21

tooties21 Guest

If they do ban people doing that in the future but wont that be worthless to install your backed up original FW back if youre already banned ?

11. andersg

andersg Regular member

Well, I meant if you figured out that they were gunna be banned it might be useful if you had it before you actually get banned. I don't know too much about all the firmware stuff, only what I have picked up on by reading around this site

12. tooties21

tooties21 Guest

Oh ok Thank you :)

13. tooties21

tooties21 Guest

One more question lol. If i do flash he drive will the downloaded games from torrent sites play on my console? or no

14. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member

yes, but that's piracy right there

15. andersg

andersg Regular member

I can't recommend you to torrent sites but,

I think some games will but others need some type of patching or some thing like that. I'm not the best one to answer this.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007