1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Live & Modchips

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by VCDjunkie, Jun 28, 2003.

1. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

I heard that if you have a modchip in your xbox, that when you connect to xbox live, it will know that you altered the hardware and it will cancel your xbox live subscription..

Is this true? If true, does this also happen if you flash the bios and remove your modchip?

2. Dank

Dank Regular member

you can put a switch on your chip and turn it off or with the matrix you can turn it off with the switches but you have to have the original in the drive and if u replaced the HD it needs to be locked.. if you do a search you should be able to find out alot more about it since i don't use it..

3. VCDjunkie

So, is it true or not then? How about if you do the chipless mod? or if you put in the mod chip, flash the bios, then remove the chip? does this keep them from canceling the xbox live subscription?

I personally would not run the risk of losing my xbox live subscription over something like being able to backup my games.

If anybody knows the answer to these questions, please reply. Thanks

;-)

4. wongie_jm

wongie_jm Regular member

when you flash the bios, you're flashing the chip. So if you remove the chip, you of course remove the bios too. If you're referring to the chipless mod as flashing the TSOP, then it will still ban you. You have to go online with the original bios.

5. VCDjunkie

Wow, that really sucks! I hope that changes in the future.. anyhow, thanks.

6. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

hey VCD, hows it going? you can run a matrix chip a nd just go into mode 1 to disable the chip and boot with an original game and live is just fine. i actually got external switches on my xbox running to the chip, pretty damn cool.