1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Live NAT Settings

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by matt16001, Jan 28, 2008.

1. matt16001

matt16001 Member

Okay guys here's my problem and I hope you guys can help...
    I don't have a normal connection like most of you probablly do... right now I am connecting to Xbox Live on my Xbox 360. The way I am connecting is from my wall I have connected a surfboard modem. Then through that I have a wire which connects to my linksys switch. From my linksys switch
    I connect to my Xbox. Right now my NAT is strict and I don't know what to do. I have tried turning off and on my modem and still nothing. Can you guys please help me in opening my NAT. By the way my ISP is Shaw.

2. matt16001

matt16001 Member

By the way I almost forgot the modem I am using is a:

Motorola Surfboard SB5101

and the switch I am using is a

Linksys Switch EZXS16W

3. wabashman

wabashman Active member

just open the ports on your router. or download the newest firmware for the router, and it should solve your problem. had the same issue with the NAT a while back on my router, new FW solved the problem as it set everything that was needed to have an open NAT for the 360.

4. matt16001

matt16001 Member

Lol the reson my situation is so special is becuase I am not connecting with a router..

5. wabashman

wabashman Active member

sorry, just saw the word linksys and figured it was a router instead of a switch as you specified.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

There may be nothing you can do if you can not access settings for the switch and or modem to either open ports, if if they have DMZ setting you can open up the DMZ by turning that on and putting in the IP Address of your Xbox 360.

Having no idea what settings you may have available to you will limit the answers. My answer would be to get a proper gaming set up (wireless router and wireless ethernet gaming adapter)