1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox live problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Pat_b_30, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Pat_b_30

Pat_b_30 Guest

i have a modded xbox with a new hdd. on my hdd i dont have the original xbox dashboard so i cant access the xbox live menu to renew my subscription or add friends. i found the dashboard on internet and downloaded it, can i put it on my hdd and access that dashboard to use xbox live?

2. dossie

dossie Regular member

yes you can, just be carefull not to get yourself banned from Xbox Live in the process. Do you have an external switch for your mod chip? Have you signed up to live before you got your modchip?

3. Pat_b_30

Pat_b_30 Guest

i have a account but my chip can only be disabled from the dashboard but when i do,1 can i go to my hdd files and open the original xbox dashboard to access the xbox live menu to add friends or renue subscription or is the files unattainable since i turned off the chip from the menu

4. dossie

dossie Regular member

i am totaly lost, what type of chip do you have?
    ive never heard of a chip that you disable through a dashboard...

5. Pat_b_30

Pat_b_30 Guest

xenium ice solderless 2.0

6. dossie

dossie Regular member

sorry cant help you at all, i know nothing about the Xenium Chip series...just keep asking around you'll find the answer sooner or later.

try going to the Xenium site they should have soe FAQS there that would answer youre question..

good luck!!

7. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

There is no way u can play xb live once u have a chip.Ull get banned with every cost,cuz they wuill detect a modified hdd and your chip.There are 2 hacked xb lives:KAI and i forgot the others name.

8. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

You can currently play live if you have a chip that you can switch off, and boot from the original MS dash, and play with an original game. XBconnect is another way to play live besides KAI.
    http://www.xbconnect.com/

9. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

that means i will be able to play with chip enabled and with games backed up?and there is a problem.i connected xbox to router and router to pc through a wireless adapter but i cant update anything i have on my xbox.it just wont establish connection,but i can ftp.and i see that my xbox can also detect the ip given by the router

10. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

No, you cannot play with the chip enabled, you will be banned. The chip must be turned off/disabled. Backed up games cannot be used because they can't be played from the MS dash, only originals.