1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Live Problem!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by espett, Jan 25, 2007.

1. espett

espett Member

Hi,

I just got my 360 on live and everything works fine, I can get on and play games online and all that. However, when I try to play with some friends it always says some type of network error or other error when I try and either chat with them or join their game or anything like that. Again, when I go on and play random games by myself it works fine but not when I am trying to play with people I know.

Thanks a lot,
    Eric

2. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

ok my question is what games

the reason i ask is because certain titles have updated with the nasty hd-dvd decoder updates where it use's the hd-dvd accessory to run the game in hd dvd mode currently though i have only one title that uses it as a option which is final fantasy 11 online nothing else so far but some of the rumors are that the 360 will be updating and gears of war and halo 3 will soon require it but i havent heard anything about it from anyone else so i really doupt it

3. espett

espett Member

So far I have tried Madden 07, Halo 2 and thats it....

4. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Make sure that your computer isn't downloading anything! When I was playing my Xbox, it wasn't connecting to any matches online, and I closed what I was downloading, and it worked. Try that. See if your computer isn't downloading anything!

5. ohhshiet

ohhshiet Member

hey tablet...are you saying that hd-dvd might have to be mandatory soon for gears of war? or if u have the hd-dvd and do the update...that the picture will get better graphics?

6. johnblaze

johnblaze Regular member

HD-DVD is not and won't be required to play games.

Are you connecting through a router, you may need to forward some ports or turn on DMZ for your 360 connection.

7. espett

espett Member

What is DMZ?

I am connected through a router at a university....