1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Live problem

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by urbancool, May 17, 2007.

1. urbancool

urbancool Member

ok.. so my 360 has been modded, only i'm not sure what exactly has been done to it when it was done.

It was all working fine until 10 minutes ago when i purchased & downloaded the RS:Vegas Multiplayer Pack (red Pack).

As soon as the download had finished, i was disconnected from Xbox Live and now when i go to play ANY game or even sign into Live it won't let me.

how can i find out what's gone wrong?

even trying the basic test it just shows a Fail on connection to xbox live & when i pre more info, it just shows a blank screen where the error code should be.

any idea's at all would be helpful

2. jblaze36

jblaze36 Member

mine is doing the same thing. i went down to the info by the NAT and it said my console has been banned. check that out and see if it says the same thing for you. is anyone else having this problem???

3. steimy

steimy Active member

well, not as of yesterday i didn't I played DOA4 online, and connected to Rainbow 6 but did not actually play a match. But i already had the new maps. I would really like to know how many people are having problems as of today. And just out of curiousity how many of those people played the Halo 3 demo

4. JLF24

JLF24 Regular member

read on another site 2 people got banned today... not sure if it is true... last time I was on live was last night....

5. jblaze36

jblaze36 Member

i didn't download the halo 3. so i don't think that's it.

6. urbancool

urbancool Member

i have no figured out i have the Samsung drive, i'm gonna go check the info by the NAT settings... fingers crossed i'm not banned.

and no... i didn't grab the Halo 3 beta

7. sebast1an

sebast1an Member

I'm getting the same problem guys :(

Downloaded the Halo 3 beta with a backup of Crackdown, and did got the first error that it was Game Over or end of the beta period. Did a restart with pressing "Up on D-pad and A" as beta loaded up till Bungie menu came up to apparently do maintenance...

Got logged out of live, and when did a test it got to the Xbox Live row and failed... Doing a more info for status codes gives:

W: 0000-000B
    X: 0000-000D
    Y: 00AB-6800
    Z: 8015-190D

Doing a more info beside NAT explains about "This console has been banned for violations of the Terms of Use". To protect the Xbox Live serive and its members, Microsoft does not provide details about console bans. There is no recourse for Terms of Use violations"

I'm using a softmodded 360, not too sure what firmware to be honest... apologies...

Bugger...

8. urbancool

urbancool Member

NAT more info shows the console has been banned... wtf do i do now... can i re-flash for it to work?

9. jblaze36

jblaze36 Member

yeah, it's official. they are banning accounts.
    link

10. jblaze36

jblaze36 Member

i doubt it, i think were pretty much screwed. gotta get a new 360 for live to work.

11. urbancool

urbancool Member

ffs.... fair enough i guess. we had a good run.... lets see what the next few days bring in for a 'fix' if it's at all possible

12. sebast1an

sebast1an Member

They will probably be banning MAC addresses on the xbox live server, these are hardcoded in the hardware so wont be possible to get a work around...

2nd 360 for playing on live would be only option, and would have to probably be with originals to be safe.

13. urbancool

urbancool Member

how ironic that this comes about when new content becomes available...

especially through a game called CRACKDOWN.... makes you think that MS had this planned all along...

seems like it's a massive CRACKDOWN on us modded users

14. jblaze36

jblaze36 Member

my friend can still get online. i was wondering did any of you play some games before they were released in stores. like crackdown was leaked a good bit before it came out. and spiderman 3 more recently. my boy's 360 is still going and i don't think he played any games early. just a thought.

15. mikald79

mikald79 Guest

i was talkin to a few other ppl on other sites, they have been banned :( looks MS is bringin the noise

16. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

i had crackdown and spiderman three before they came out and im fine. i have been on all day and just checked and im still online. my NAT says strict. what firmware are you guys that got banned running?

17. jblaze36

jblaze36 Member

i got a hitachi, don't remember the version, with maximus garyopa 2.3

18. navsav

navsav Regular member

Hey once you get banned can you still play backups by not being connected to live - or did they mess with the console as well to essentially not let it play any backups.

19. mikald79

mikald79 Guest

can still play backups , but cannot connect to live ever

20. navsav

navsav Regular member

Well ya know what - although I won't be playing my rainbow 6 addiction online I will at least finally have a chance to play all those dozens of other games I have but really never got far on because all I did was play rainbow 6 on live!!