1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox live problem

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by arkie3, Apr 5, 2012.

1. arkie3

arkie3 Member

hi
    ive bought an xbox360 320 GB slim console second hand and when ive connected it to xboxlive ive found out the console is banned.so ive bought another xbox360 4GB slim console which was fine and is all up and running on line.ive put the 320GB hdd from the banned console into the new 4GB console and when ive gone to my games on the menu screen the owner has left some downloaded full games on there (eg:MW3,GOW2).is it ok to run and install game updates of these games on my new unbanned console,cause i dont want to get my new one banned

2. arkie3

arkie3 Member

anybody help please

3. RIARA

RIARA Regular member

You can only run the installed games if you have the original disc in the tray.

4. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

Those games are not downloaded, those games are "installed". The game disc won't spin because the console reads the game from the HDD for faster load times and reduced DVD wear and tear. But you'll still need the game disc in the tray to play them.

Basically, yes, because you play on Live. Live wants the latest version (update) of every game, so that everyone is playing the same thing.