1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox live problems

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by dsdavis6, Jan 13, 2007.

1. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

ok... so whenever i switch on my xbox 360 if it hasnt been on for a few hours... it will sign me in 2 my account but never sign in to xbox live... even if i try and do it manually... but then if i restart the 360 it will automatically sign me into my account and xbox live, as it should... until i turn it off and leave it for a certain amount of time (not sure exactly how long) it wont automatically sign in to xbox live again... can anybody help me? any replies will be greatly appreciated

oh btw... at present im using a crossover cable but i dont see that this should effect it

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

over the course of this "time" are you turning your pc off? maybe your losing connection between the two, if your ethernet on your pc is onboard then you might have to check the bios to make sure that you have it set to keep the power when turned off. if your using pci ethernet card then i think it will lose connection when powered down.

3. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

my pc is pretty much on 24/7 as someone is always using it for one reason or another. the ethernet its plugged into is on the mobo btw. thanks for replying

4. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

i am not sure then, i am pretty sure it has something to with the crossover cable, because everyone on here i believe is using routers and no one has problems.