1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox live questions

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by SwampRat, Aug 12, 2003.

1. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

i have two questions.

1) Will you be able to play backup games online with an Xecuter 2.2?

2) With an Xecuter 2.2 installed, will you still be able to play online with the original disk?

2. Zero-X

Zero-X Guest

I have two answers

1) No you will not be able to play back ups online becuase that will recuier to have the chip on to boot the game. Also don't try to turn the chip off after the game boots cause the EvoX or 4977 bios have been already loaded on to your Xbox memory and live will see that and band you. So no back ups on online, well atleast with Xbox live :).

2) Yes you will beable to play online with Xbox live using the original Disk. Just remember To have the chip off before u boot the system. Lastly If you plan to use your orginal HDD you got no problems but if you plan to get a new one remeber to lock it.

3. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

thank you

4. windy2003

windy2003 Member

You can not even play back up online games with the games inside the upgraded HD?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2003
  5. Zero-X

Zero-X Guest

NO u can't windy2003. This is becuase u need the chip to load the app to laucnh the games off the HDD. You'll need the bios on the chip to start the applaction(like evox or ph loader). When u boot your xbox with the chip on you're loadeding bios on the xbox memory. So when u go live the servers will see bios that are not from microsoft and bann u. Just use the orginal disk. I swap my HDD from the orginal to my 120 gig. A small pain in the ass but this way i know i don't for get anything that could get me banned. Also i like it reaoson we can't go live with back ups cause it cuts down on pirets.

6. windy2003

windy2003 Member

Maybe, I misunderstood about playing online in this website: http://www.copying-xbox-games.com/modchip-xbox-live.php

They Said "Playing on Live is easy with an upgraded HD", and I thought that they talked about playing backups online.

Don't they ever think that playing original game online is super easy with the way the xbox is with the modchip off (original xbox hard drive, no flashing bios.....and so on)??????

Also, the new hard drive will be out of space some day and the hard drive costs so much money. If I can't play backups online with the online games inside the upgraded HD, this is not worth it.

I just buy DVDR's and burn them, it's better this way because I can get 60 DVDR's for $80 or something and I can also put 2 or 3 games on one DVDR._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Thank you very much for your help.
    sincerely,
    Windy[/small]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2003
  7. Zero-X

Zero-X Guest

Only way u can play live is with an non-moded Xbox, booting to the M$ dash with the orginal disk.
    Or with a moded xbox with the chip off, booting to the M$ dash, with a locked HDD(the orgnail 8-10 gig HHD comes locked.) And with the orginal disk.