1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Live Through PC

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Roranaki, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Roranaki

Roranaki Member

Does anyone know how to connect to xbox live from a pc and then direct it to your 360? or is not possible

2. St_Nick

St_Nick Guest

Not possible.

3. apaca

apaca Member

My laptop is hooked up to the internet thru wifi and I use this laptop to run my x360. It'd worked fine till I was banned. Quit easy to set it up.

4. Roranaki

Roranaki Member

is it possible to hook it up to a pc, and if it is can i get some instructions

5. GotB

GotB Member

If I'm understanding this right, you want to access the Live servers through your PC and then send the data packet to your 360?

I'm assuming you got banned and want to try and trick the servers? If you did, it wouldn't work. Regardless, I still don't think it's possible =/

6. Roranaki

Roranaki Member

no i just bought a 360 and want to get live without paying 100 dollars for the wireless adapter, i've never been on live before in my life

7. roybert

roybert Member

Are you just trying to share the internet connection that your PC has? You can do this, but not without buying some extra hardware. Depending on your PC and the type of internet connection you have, you will either need an ethernet card and switch, or a router. I take it from the question that you are new to networking. The process would be a snap for someone who knows what they are doing but might take a little effort and learning on your part.

I thought $100 for the wirless adapter is outrageous as well. I happen to work on PCs and networks for a living, so I used some old equipment to get my XBox 360 online. You will have to spend some money (or get some equipment for free somehow) but you can get away with much less than $100, probably $50 or less if you look around. If you can provide more info on your PC and how it is hooked up to the internet, I can tell you exactly what you need.

8. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

if your pc has the correct hardware than, yes.
    i have used my wireless laptop for internet and just ran a cable from the laptop to the 360, but thats been a long time ago and i cant remember what settings to use on the pc.
    you can read more about how to do it here

9. BryanNH_3

BryanNH_3 Regular member

its a waste of time ... run a cable from the xbox to the router you have ... if you don't have one, buy one ($35 belkin at taget/wally world) and then run a cable to the xbox from it ... DONE ... EASY

10. Xan21

Xan21 Regular member

Its supper easy dont listen to them. Hook a Ethernet cord from the open port on your computer and then hook it to your Xbox. Find the internet connection in network preferences and choose properties (im assuming its your wireless connection). Then choose Allow other computers to use this connection for internet or w.e option it is should be under the sharing tab. its pretty easy.

11. Roranaki

Roranaki Member

Thanks for the help