1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox LIVE

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by SCB3, Jan 16, 2007.

1. SCB3

SCB3 Guest

I have an Xbox 360 and I want to connect to LIVE, I have a PC next to it which is connected wirelessly to the Internet, is there anyway to connect to LIVE through the PC?

2. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

u could buy a wireless adapter for your X360, or i believe there is some way to do it by going through the PC if u have an Ethernet Port open, and enable connection sharing or something.....i think it's actually on xbox's site (a guide by them, on how to do it)

3. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

Yeah you gotta also bridge the connections and allow your main connection on your pc to allow other computers to connect to the internet via this machine

4. Obike

Obike Member

the cheapest way would be to buy a crossover cable and connect the xbox 360 and the pc together and use Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) on the pc to bridge the wireless connection to the wired connection.

a more expensive way would be to buy a Wireless bridge from a company like linksys or netgear which would plug into the network port. or buy the usb wireless network adapter from microsoft.

Each have their pros and cons for stability but its mostly down to how much you would rather pay.

5. hvera81

hvera81 Member

If you got two WRT54G/S routers (or any 2 routers compatible with DD-WRT), you can do what I do and install DD-WRT on both...you can set one up to be a wireless client and the other just a regular wireless router. In my case..I have a my wireless router set up in my bedroom connected to my DSL modem...the other wireless router is set up in my living room and sits on top of my 360. I have the 360 connected to it with an ethernet cable. Picks up the connected like if it were a regular wired connection...even better you can connect multiple devices that may need internet to that router as well...it will automatically assign IP's to each device...plus the speeds are good...worked better for me than when I had it connected through the laptop like you mentioned. If you got any questions...let me know.

6. SCB3

SCB3 Guest

The way I want to go is throught PC without having to spend any money, I've got Ethernet cables etc

7. hvera81

hvera81 Member

Do you have a wireless card on it as well or does it have built-in wireless...

8. hvera81

hvera81 Member

Disregard last question...I noticed in you first post you are on wireles...follow the instructions here.This is for a wired connections but it is the same thing for wireless. You will be setting up ICS on the Wireless Adapter. Good luck.

9. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

If you have a Linksys Router, or any router really, just plug an Ethernet cord into the back of one of the ports, and plug the other end into your 360. !Walla! You should be connected. IF you don't want to spend money, then Wireless isn't an option for you (because the wireless adapter for the 360 is $99).

10. iPirate

iPirate Regular member

I will one up you all, here is a tut from ofzenandcomputing.com
    I’ve got a brand new XBox 360 and would like to take advantage of the multiplayer gaming on XBox Live, but don’t have a network cable near my gaming setup. Is there a way to go wireless with the 360 and my laptop instead of shelling out another $100 for Microsoft’s XBox 360 wireless adapter?

If your laptop doesn’t already have a wireless network card, go out and pick one up. It will only cost you a little more than half the price tag of the XBox 360 adapter. Once your laptop is WiFi enabled, place it somewhere near your XBox 360 and connect the two of them with a short ethernet (cat5/network) cable. Plug one end of the cable into the network jack on the back of your XBox 360, and plug the other end of the cable into the network jack on your laptop. The next step depends on what operating system your laptop uses:
    Windows XP

* Make sure you are logged in as a computer Administrator.
    * Go to the Control Panel (click Start, click Control Panel).
    * Double-click on Network Connections
    * Click on the Advanced tab, then check Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.
    * Click OK
    * Turn on your XBox and connect to XBox Live.

Mac OS X

* Click on the System Preferences icon in the Dock.
    * Select the Sharing preference pane.
    * Click on the Internet tab.
    * Start Internet Sharing.
    * Turn on your XBox and connect to XBox Live.

Note: if you restart your computer and cannot connect to XBox Live, nothing is broken. The system may have just reset Internet Sharing to disabled, so follow these instructions again.

11. emachine

emachine Guest

LAG.com^