1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox live

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by therapy, Oct 2, 2007.

1. therapy

therapy Member

this may sound a stupid question but will m$ know if i am playing a pal or ntsc version of a game on live, is it safe to play ntsc games on live using pal 360 providing they are stealthed ?
    thanks

2. mperagine

mperagine Regular member

As long as the game will load in your region I do not think this is something that Microsoft it looking for banning wise. Many PAL backups out there are regions free, so if your system plays them I do not see it putting you at any more risk then normal.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  3. steimy

steimy Active member

agree with above. The only games from other regions that will even play on your system HAVE to be region free. It is not like the regular Xbox where any region would play once modded.

4. therapy

therapy Member

thanks for the replies, i understand the the region code part but i was leaning more towards playing games that are multi region that havent been released here yet for example pg4.
    thanks again

5. mperagine

mperagine Regular member

Do you mean released in the US and not released in the UK? personally, i do not go online with a game until its release, regardless of when a copy can be obtained for safety purposes. I don't know about others, but I also assume that most games don't have full online fucntionality until their official launch, so I always thought it'd be pointless and foolish. On the other hand, if it is released here but not there, you can get games imported, travel and purchase them, so I would not see this having any bearing on the situation. Someone else may want to chime in about palying before official release in general, as I have never even looked into it.

6. therapy

therapy Member

yes i mean released in the u.s and not u.k, im thinking its safe otherwise whats the point in making a game multi regional and expecting it not to be played outside the u.s if that makes sense ?