1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox locks up after mod chip installation

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by kenehsr, Jan 28, 2007.

1. kenehsr

kenehsr Member

I have a xbox v1.0 that I've installed the Aladdin Live with programmer chip. When you boot to evox it locks up in the boot screen with a yellow light. If you try to boot normally it errors saying your xbox needs to be serviced error with a red light. Prior to installing the mod chip I had softmodded the xbox. So I don't know if that might be why or not. I tried putting the new hdd into the xbox to see if it was the hdd, but it did the same thing. If you have any ideas as to what it could be please post or if you have the same problem. I'm rechecking the solder points now. Thanks for any help.

2. kenehsr

kenehsr Member

Ok it doesn't lock up anymore. Apparently it was in the soldering. Now when it boots to evox it boots all the way an then goes to a blank screen. If I boot normally it does fine. I can move around the ms dash just fine. Its just when I boot to the chip it goes blank. I use to it going to the cromwell bios screen on the Aladdin xt chip. This is the first time that I've used the Aladdin Live chip. So if you've installed this one before please let me know what to do.