1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox locks up or boots to black screen after softmod

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by chucklone, Mar 27, 2007.

1. chucklone

chucklone Member

So last night I tried which to softmod my old xbox (from fall `02) for the first time. The dvd drive is burned out (doesn't run or eject) so I had to hotswap the harddrive. I used Ndure 3.0 (xbox hdm), loaded that on my pc, hotswapped the xbox HD, backed up my original configuration, used ndure's install, and verified that everything was copied. I then shut everything down. Now if I power up, the first xbox splash screen loads and then it goes to a black screen and sits. If I power up with the eject button, it just locks up at the splash screen. With either method, the eject button sits and blinks green the whole time. Any help is very appreciated.

2. chucklone

chucklone Member

Fixed the issue. Simply had to make sure that the old, non-functioning drive was set into a closed state with the lens reader all the way up.

3. 3lement

3lement Regular member

Good to hear you got it working. but did you buy an original xbox dvd rom because if you didnt im wondering how you got the xbox to read it. if you can send me a link to get a pc drive to run on a xbox that would be alot of help. thnx

4. chucklone

chucklone Member

No, I didn't get another drive. Turns out that while I disassembling the dvd drive when I took apart the xbox (first time doing it), I had the tray in a place where the lens wasn't high enough to signal as being closed. Once I jammed it shut, it worked fine. Sorry.

5. 3lement

3lement Regular member

O lol at least you fixed it. thats all that matters anyway. the question was resolved. Nice job and good luck with it.