1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX Media

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Shand359, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Shand359

Shand359 Member

I hope this hasn't been previously answerd. Don't want to waste anyones time. I have just ordered an XEcutor 2.2 Pro chip for my XBOX. When burning backups of my own games does the XBOX read DVD+R or DVD-R or will the backups fit onto CD-RW. Cheers
    ***For anyone interested. Just tried a Datawrite DVD-R Yellow disk with movie. No Problems playing, even on a Thomson Drive.***

Last edited: Sep 6, 2003
  2. vzeus5

vzeus5 Member

I use +rw-disc. arita not work, but datasafe is ok.

3. alexatkin

alexatkin Member

I use both DVD+R and DVD+RW which both work fine, occasionally I have to burn the DVD+RW twice but thats because of some scratches on the disk I think.

Very few games fit on CDRW, I never got CDRW to boot actually but I have one game on CDR (Alien vs Predator Extinction) though the intro FMV stalls as it cant access the CD fast enough - the game itself works fine though I dont like it much to be honest.

Best bet id say is DVD+RW and DVD+R, ALWAYS try on DVD+RW first just to make sure it boots okay then burn onto DVD+R once you are sure it works - thats what I do and no dud DVD+R yet.

4. alexatkin

alexatkin Member

Ooooh nice website dudes - I got an error page telling me the site was "very traffic" presumably meaning "very heavy traffic", refreshed and the message was posted twice.

Okay I said, so I clicked edit and not only is there not delete option but I tried to then make it an empty message and all I get is a blank screen with "error" in the top left corner if I try to save the changes without a message. Nice script guys, I thought MINE were bad but thats plain nuts - an explaination of WHAT the error was (in this case I presume you dont allow blank messages) would have been professional.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2003
  5. bobsickal

bobsickal Member

vzeus5 I need to know which drive you have in your xbox, because you say +rw's work butI have a samsung drive and people say +rw's don't work on samsung drives.

6. vzeus5

vzeus5 Member

bobsickal. I have philips drive.

7. bobsickal

bobsickal Member

Cheers! However would you happen to know whether DVD+RW's will work on my samsung drive?

Help is much appreciated.

8. alexatkin

alexatkin Member

I cant remember off the top of my head, its the one everyone recommends but id be suprised if DVD+RW doesnt work as its supposed to be one of the most compatible formats though I know my friends PS2 only worked with DVD+R.

In all seriousness though, why not just try a DVD+RW? If it doesnt work on the X-Box you still have it for the PC.